Global Industries

:confused:Does anyone know any thing about Global Industries Offshore in Carlyss,La ?They are looking for OS,AB’s, mates and masters.They are listing these open positions on the Texas UI website,20 openings in each postion.Has anyone worked for them before or currently,or know anything about them?

Thanks
Mike

[QUOTE=mike50;43080]:confused:Does anyone know any thing about Global Industries Offshore in Carlyss,La ?They are looking for OS,AB’s, mates and masters.They are listing [I]these open positions on the Texas UI website,20 openings in each postion[/I].Has anyone worked for them before or currently,or know anything about them?

Thanks
Mike[/QUOTE]

I am confused, also. In this lean time 20 positions in each position?
what is the website address for Texas UI ?

Just checked the website, all are still listed as separate positions,20 openings each,closing date 10-23-10. Also they have a listing as various offshore positions which shows one opening each of 22 different positions.The website is workintexas.com

Mike

Can’t get an access to the employment details for the Global Industries Offshore jobs…also the site requires Social Security Numner…

Go to www.workintexas.com click on search jobs, right side,middle of page.Click on By Occupation on left side of page.Click search for occupations by keyword, blue letters,middle of page.Choose Transportation and Material Moving from drop down box,then search.Maritime listings are on page 1 and 2.I did not find these listings on Global’s website.

Mike

I don’t think that those listings are accurate. The Global website does not list all of those (globalind.com), and I can tell you they don’t have the resources for all of those positions unless they are acquiring a new fleet…which I highly doubt. I feel certain I would know if they needed that many personnel right now. There is a new vessel the Global 1200, the crewing is handled by Crowley though. They have the 1201 being built now, but still a ways until complete. As for other vessels, Global recently sold two of their DSVs to Triton, and the fleet is mainly barges and large construction vessels.

If you have any direct ?s, you may PM me…I might provide some insight should you be considering a position with them.

[QUOTE=Conspearasea;43113]I don’t think that those listings are accurate. The Global website does not list all of those (globalind.com), and I can tell you they don’t have the resources for all of those positions unless they are acquiring a new fleet…which I highly doubt. I feel certain I would know if they needed that many personnel right now. There is a new vessel the Global 1200, the crewing is handled by Crowley though. They have the 1201 being built now, but still a ways until complete. As for other vessels, Global recently sold two of their DSVs to Triton, and the fleet is mainly barges and large construction vessels.
[/QUOTE]

The G1200 is manned by a company called Northern Marine Management which is part of Stena. She does not have any Americans in her crew to the best of my knowledge since she is apparently not going the GoM to work. If she does end up in the Gulf, one has to wonder if GlobInd will do the right thing and put a US crew on her then? They have a US crew on the GLOBAL ORION just as 33CFR141 says they are supposed to have so good on them for following the book even though I bet they could get a foreign manning waiver just like CalDive and Veolia get for their foreign vessels in the Gulf.

The G1201 has only recently been launched and I can’t imagine any crew on her for at least 6 months.

I worked for Global Industries in Carlyss in 2006 for 6 months as Master. They are primarily an offshore oil patch construction outfit where the divers are in-charge. The captains take their orders from the Master Diver if there is one onboard. Never had problems getting paid, however it was one of the lower scales in the US industry. Inport you are confined to the company property and permission is required to leave it for any reason, even if the boat is off-hire. The Marine Ops Manager was a Mexican national.
They turned a blind eye to all of their boats routinely pumping untreated bilge water and raw sewage over the side into the harbor which I was opposed to (I am primarily a commercial shipping industry captain/mate) , and I was the only Captain that ordered a sewage truck to discharge it to. I don’t know if their policy has changed since then. I was their only Yankee Captain or mate at the time. I was opposed to the divers being in-charge of the vessels, I was opposed to being confined to the vessel after working hours while the boat was off-hire, I was opposed to the dumping of untreated bilge water and raw sewage over the side, as well as their first captain, second captain crewing set-up (It is my opinion that having two captains assigned aboard at the same time is simply a recipe for trouble). I was dismissed (by the Mexican ops boss) for leaving my off -hire vessel to go ashore while in port however there was no record or evidence that this ever occurred. The termination letter called it “misbehavior”. Louisiana is a “hire and fire at-will” state, like many of the southern US “right to work” States. Anyone can be fired for any reason, without possibility for appeal. Take it for what it’s worth.

Kcapt,
I have been in similar situations. When you work for a low-life outfit there is really nothing you can do but resign before they get around to firing you. It stings but at least you can look at yourself in the mirror as opposed to whatever ‘they’ do. I just left a company in Alaska that has gone through something like 11 masters who will not put up with a fishmaster who is confused as to who has the masters authority.
Now I read that foreign officers may get to sail on US vessels, what a joke.

[QUOTE=mke039;43340]Now I read that foreign officers may get to sail on US vessels, what a joke.[/QUOTE]

It’s not a joke mke039…this is very serious and if you care about this, please go to the online Docket submittal and register your comments

and that goes for all the rest of ya mugs!

btw, just curious because I used to work up north but what was the fishing vessel in AK with the revolving door for masters?

[QUOTE=c.captain;43369]It’s not a joke mke039…this is very serious and if you care about this, please go to the online Docket submittal and register your comments
and that goes for all the rest of ya mugs!
btw, just curious because I used to work up north but what was the fishing vessel in AK with the revolving door for masters?[/QUOTE]

That’s already happening to DWTF which pretended to open briefly to U.S. Mariners and quickly closed…