For the Love of God

Why is DP Induction not an online course? Nothing we did in class couldn’t have been done from the comfort of my home in front of the computer.

And why, oh why, do training schools not start courses mid-week (to accommodate crew change schedules) and continue them through the weekend? I would think that for the money involved ($24,000 for the 8-person DP Induction course I just completed) an instructor could work and the school could keep the lights on over the weekend.

<rant concluded>

[QUOTE=txh2oman;137448]Why is DP Induction not an online course? Nothing we did in class couldn’t have been done from the comfort of my home in front of the computer.

And why, oh why, do training schools not start courses mid-week (to accommodate crew change schedules) and continue them through the weekend? I would think that for the money involved ($24,000 for the 8-person DP Induction course I just completed) an instructor could work and the school could keep the lights on over the weekend.

<rant concluded>[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need to put your big girl panties on and take off the nice pretty pink ones. The world does not revolve around us.

Thats understood but he does have a point. It sucks having take all of these classes and lose our off time to do it. If the schools could accommodate us a little better it would make a world of difference.

[QUOTE=txh2oman;137448]Why is DP Induction not an online course? Nothing we did in class couldn’t have been done from the comfort of my home in front of the computer.

<rant concluded>[/QUOTE]

Since not everybody crew changes on the same day… it would be hard to time it to work out best for everyone. The instructors would probably prefer to not teach on weekends too. I feel you on the computer based training… it would be great if a whole lot of the required courses could be handled that way… so we wouldn’t have to miss work… or spend days of our time off in the classroom. We could do them at our own pace online. I guess the problem is that there isn’t any way to prove that you were the one pushing the keys on the keyboard. What’s to stop you from having your wife do it for you? Not saying you would… but that’s probably a big reason why you can’t… oh that and the schools like the income from you sitting in their classrooms.

At least you can go locally. I had to do induction in Aberdeen, and simulator in Houston.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;137454]Sounds like you need to put your big girl panties on and take off the nice pretty pink ones. The world does not revolve around us.[/QUOTE]

My world does in fact revolve around me (or at least the people important to me). It was a good-natured rant.

And I understand not everyone crew changes on the same day, but who crew changes on a weekend?

[QUOTE=txh2oman;137463]My world does in fact revolve around me (or at least the people important to me). It was a good-natured rant.

And I understand not everyone crew changes on the same day, but who crew changes on a weekend?[/QUOTE]

Your world may revolve around you, but the rest of it doesn’t really care.