First Aid/CPR Question for Chief Cavo

Are online First Aid/CPR certifications that follow American Red Cross and American Heart Association guidelines approved for upgrade applications ?

If it is of interest to anyone I found the answer to my question on the NMC website and it is yes. First Aid and CPR can be taken online with Emergency University at www.emergencyuniversity.com for 39.95. It is approved for license applications but not for STCW.

They are not approved for STCW. I’m confused by your mention of “upgrade applications.” Except for STCW, if you took First Aid & CPR for an original license, you don’t need it to upgrade to another license.

Chief Cavo,

Thank you for the response. I will be upgrading from 100 Ton Master to 500 Ton Master and took First Aid and CPR for the original license.

[quote=Rusty;12800]Chief Cavo,

Thank you for the response. I will be upgrading from 100 Ton Master to 500 Ton Master and took First Aid and CPR for the original license.[/quote]

You may need it for STCW, and the on-line courses won’t work for that.

A course on First aid can be done online, but it must be done under the guidance of licensed instructor. Even I’ve done it online. And while all this I found a great site http://www.gotoaid.com, which has helped me a lot know separately about humans and pets First Aid. I’m pretty confident this will definitely help you out.