Finally done with upgrade to Master 1600 Oceans

Passed my exams for upgrade to Master 1600GRT w/MOTV, Oceans.
Not as proud of my scores as Capt Lee so not going to post them but
some very good, some good and had to retake celestial.
Very good on the retake, missed one. Maybe I can have some sort of life now.
Thank you Jesus I’m done.
:slight_smile:

very happy for you, i know it had to be alot of work

Congrats! I hope the new ticket gets you a new ride soon.

They don’t put your grades on your license. Congratulations on the upgrade!!

[quote=10talents;26290]Passed my exams for upgrade to Master 1600GRT w/MOTV, Oceans.
Not as proud of my scores as Capt Lee so not going to post them but
some very good, some good and had to retake celestial.
Very good on the retake, missed one. Maybe I can have some sort of life now.
Thank you Jesus I’m done.
:)[/quote]

[B][SIZE=2]CONGratulations, on the celestial…did you get a problem concerning Lat. and Long. of Great Circle Vertex? and also any Problem concerning Voyage Planning using Gnomic charts? Am about to test and those are my weak points…:confused::rolleyes::eek:[/B][/SIZE]

Congratulations 10 Talents,that is no small feat.I remember the feeling,RELIEF:D

Congratulations 10talents!

In addition to passing tests, what are your 10 talents?

Congratulations 10talents, I know the feeling of relief and hoping to get back to some sort of life!

Great news 10, that has got to be a huge relief…Well Done…

Congratulations on passing!

Good piece of work and thanks for sharing the way you feel with all of us.By the responses it’s obvious we all still remember the pleasant feeling at days end when we get the positive results. Those few times make all the misery and hard work worth it !
I can remember missing the celestial twice and rationalizing to my wife “that was only a reconnaissance run” but hitting the target on try three and demanding more than a pat on the back when finally reaching home !

Thanks Lee. BTY I loved that movie. Laughed by …alls off.
Thank you “Baby Jesus”. LOL

Yes & Yes. Sent you a PM about it.

[quote=water;26320]Congratulations 10talents!

In addition to passing tests, what are your 10 talents?[/quote]

It is a Biblical reference and reminder to me about how a Lord gave one servant 10 talents and another 5 and other 1. What they did with it and His response to their actions. Very good read and highly recommended.

Great to hear that another one made it through alive.

Gives me hope for when I start my first round of classes in June.

Thanks Ron, I got the PM. I’ve got the gnomic charts but was advised by my instructor to just memorize all 24 answers or it would take forever to work out a compsite sailing problem to eliminate the wrong answers and come up with the right answer in the testing room. Good thing I take memory pills if I could only remember where I put them…

[quote=stevefoster;26404]Thanks Ron, I got the PM. I’ve got the gnomic charts but was advised by my instructor to just memorize all 24 answers or it would take forever to work out a compsite sailing problem to eliminate the wrong answers and come up with the right answer in the testing room. Good thing I take memory pills if I could only remember where I put them…[/quote

Steve, that intructor is wrong. The composite sailing questions should only take 5 minutes or less each.

Well done 10!!
And Steve, listen to 10. Those composite sailings are actually dang easy and blessing on a celestial exam. Perhaps your ‘instructor’ doesn’t know how to do them?

[quote=Capt. Fran;26442]Well done 10!!
And Steve, listen to 10. Those composite sailings are actually dang easy and blessing on a celestial exam. Perhaps your ‘instructor’ doesn’t know how to do them?[/quote]
[B] I think you and Ron may be right Fran, the voyage planning problems look complicated because the answers are so long and complicated but once you do one you actually come up with the most logical answer…Thanks for your input…[/B]

Nice Job 10! :wink: Hope to have my tests out of the way soon! All the best with your new credential!!