Entry Level / OS Day Rate Comparison Survey (GoM)

I’m sailing as MATE with Master 6,000 OSV and oceans endorsements…see my profile for all if you care…Good money, for Mates at HOS…

If you am get past the incompetence of the office witnessed by me and others here.

I don’t know if it was deceit or just ignorance when I interviewed I was offered a ridiculously low day rate. Figuring from what I could gather from the forum it was the 6 month probationary period. When asked about what I could expect to see the big money I was hearing about I was told I wouldn’t see that until I got my 1600 master. I replied that I have my 500 master/3000 OSV with oceans what gives? He said it didn’t matter and there was only 5 boats I could work on. That was a flat out lie or incompetence. All of HOS’s boats are ITC and have no GRT assigned. Looking back I’m glad I didn’t take the job. I can’t stand to work with incompetent people and those that lie even worse.

Every time somebody speaks out all you HOS guys come running to defend them. Yes HOS pay is amazing, you work with great equipment, with have an awsome new build program, but yall have sever problems in management. Sadly its not from your supposed recent growth, its been like that for a while from what I gather.

You gather wrong. Not saying there aren’t a few ding dongs in the operation. In the end a mud boat company is a mud boat company. No one can ever top Turdwater with incompetence in the management department.

Anyone know what they’re paying for unlimited licenses?

If you are referring to HOS…READ THE POSTS AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. THERE IS PLENTY OF INFO ON HERE REGARDING THAT

Try searching: Hornbeck comes out with raises

[QUOTE=rjbpilot;82758]I’m sailing as MATE with Master 6,000 OSV and oceans endorsements…see my profile for all if you care…Good money, for Mates at HOS…[/QUOTE]

so, do you got unlimited DP too?

With oceans endorsement, Master OSV 6,000 endorsement and DP unlimited, Mate pay is $775.

I’m trying man!

I felt bad about my original derail of this thread, but now I’m glad I derailed it as it’s very interesting to see everyone’s pay rates throughout the years!