Engineer osv 3000 itc

hey all. The engineer osv 3000 itc endorsement that one could get after getting their chief osv endorsement on their dde. what is the difference? Would this allow a small dde license to work on supply boats as a licensed engineer? The fact that chief is not used in the enodrsement , does that matter?

If you have the DDE it comes with chief OSV 3000itc. Then the HP is restricted to same as the DDE either 1000/4000/Any. I’m confused as to why you would get “engineer osv 3000 itc” as well.

Engineer osv has no horsepower restriction. Lots of guys that have the DDE 4000 get both the Chief OSV restricted to 4000 HP and Engineer OSV any HP. Therefore they can sail on a vessel over 4000 HP and get credited sea time sailing as an engineer, but not as a Chief.

[QUOTE=power230;117929]Engineer osv has no horsepower restriction. Lots of guys that have the DDE 4000 get both the Chief OSV restricted to 4000 HP and Engineer OSV any HP. Therefore they can sail on a vessel over 4000 HP and get credited sea time sailing as an engineer, but not as a Chief.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. no HP restriction on that one. So stupid question, this means you can sail as a licensed assistant engineer since chief isn’t in the title? This is what is confusing to me.

[QUOTE=“power230;117929”]Engineer osv has no horsepower restriction. Lots of guys that have the DDE 4000 get both the Chief OSV restricted to 4000 HP and Engineer OSV any HP. Therefore they can sail on a vessel over 4000 HP and get credited sea time sailing as an engineer, but not as a Chief.[/QUOTE]

What power said. The “engineer OSV” license is essentially an assistant license with no horsepower limit. You would get that if your “chief engineer OSV” has a horsepower limit on it.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;117949]What power said. The “engineer OSV” license is essentially an assistant license with no horsepower limit. You would get that if your “chief engineer OSV” has a horsepower limit on it.[/QUOTE]

Being my company wants a licensed guy to transfer fluids I suppose since i would be a licensed watch stander I can get more coin as opposed to a qmed.

I’ve never seen someone issued credentials like that. That’s all new to me but good info to have.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;117962]I’ve never seen someone issued credentials like that. That’s all new to me but good info to have.[/QUOTE]
Those ratings along with required criteria are on the NMC’s website. At first it was kind of hard to interpret. I confirmed all with the NMC over the phone and read some other threads about a DDE 1000 having all the above approved. The only grey area I can see is in what capacity exactly “engineer OSV 3000 ITC any hp” can work in. Anyway it may be good enough to help me get accomplished what I need to do with what I got.

[QUOTE=“Ctony;118020”]
Those ratings along with required criteria are on the NMC’s website. At first it was kind of hard to interpret. I confirmed all with the NMC over the phone and read some other threads about a DDE 1000 having all the above approved. The only grey area I can see is in what capacity exactly “engineer OSV 3000 ITC any hp” can work in. Anyway it may be good enough to help me get accomplished what I need to do with what I got.[/QUOTE]

If an OSV is required to have two licensed engineers only one has to be a “chief” and even if it isn’t required many companies like to have a licensed engineer on each watch so there is always one awake, in which case the second licensed engineer can be an “engineer OSV” as opposed to a “chief engineer”.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;118032]If an OSV is required to have two licensed engineers only one has to be a “chief” and even if it isn’t required many companies like to have a licensed engineer on each watch so there is always one awake, in which case the second licensed engineer can be an “engineer OSV” as opposed to a “chief engineer”.[/QUOTE]
My boat by coi only needs one chief, but the company wants a license on each watch for transferring fluids. So with that being said, what is the licensed engineer without chief in his title going to make pay wise? It’s going to be fun finding this out lol