EMD engine books

Can anybody point me to a good source, either print or on-line for EMD 567/645/710 engines. I’m specifically looking for the " EMD quirks" type, but anything will usually give me an idea. It’s only been 20 years since I messed with EMD’s, so the mental hard drive is a little full…

EMD puts out Maitenance Instructions (MI’s). You can only get them from an authorized dealer, and they probably don’t have them for sale to the general public.
I’ll do some checking about an index of MI’s and post it here.

Most of the boats I work on are 12 cyl 567c engines. You might be able to get a tech manual from Inland diesel in Carol Stream, IL. Hatch and Kirk might have them as well. We have a inland guy out inspecting the main bearings on one of our boats. I will ask him this week and let you know.

Jeff

The Electro Motive Division (EMD) of General Motors is in LeGrange, Illinois. They build all the components here but the Final assembly is completed at the GM Diesel Division, EMD’s facilities in London, Ontario.

There is a list of manuals in PDF format here. You should find what you need for free download.
http://gelwood.railfan.net/manual/manual.html

But if not try calling EMD here:
[B]Electro-Motive Div Plant No 1[/B]

6600 River Rd 

la Grange, IL 60525 Map

[ul]
li 387-3715[/li][/ul]

[quote=Cheng;9467]The Electro Motive Division (EMD) of General Motors is in LeGrange, Illinois. They build all the components here but the Final assembly is completed at the GM Diesel Division, EMD’s facilities in London, Ontario.

There is a list of manuals in PDF format here. You should find what you need for free download.
http://gelwood.railfan.net/manual/manual.html

But if not try calling EMD here:
[B]Electro-Motive Div Plant No 1[/B]

6600 River Rd 

la Grange, IL 60525 Map

[ul]
li 387-3715[/li][/ul][/quote]

EMD hasn’t been a General Motors company for years now.

Electro Motive DIESEL.
Final assembly is in La Grange, IL.

Good link CHENG, but I didn’t find any MI’s.

Let me know specificaly what you need and I will send you the information.

[QUOTE=twisneski;23015]Let me know specificaly what you need and I will send you the information.[/QUOTE]

If u can email me the link at rodneydawson@ymail.com for the 16-645-E6 EMD engine