Edison Chouest

Went there today. Sign taped to door says “Not hiring nor accepting applications.” Lady upfront said their also shredding faxed applications. Parking lot looking slim

ouch. Things are sad down in that neck of the woods! I feel like I dodged a bullet in a HUGE way now.

although thinking about the rumors ive heard; they haven’t really had any lay offs have they? Just fired the offenders after a massive random drug screening?

[QUOTE=Greenhorn deckhand;159722]Went there today. Sign taped to door says “Not hiring nor accepting applications.” Lady upfront said their also shredding faxed applications. Parking lot looking slim[/QUOTE]

MSC is still hiring scores of OS’s, AB’s, Mates and all levels of the engine department…except wipers. If you want to go that direction, it might be a good place to start until the trend reverses.

ECO probably won’t be doing any hiring for a while, they have a bunch of guys working even time still and a few guys at home. Its gonna take a while before any real GoM hiring session picks up again

The ECO website always had a lot of different job postings for their various operations. Out of curiosity, I checked it the other day.

They had no listings for any jobs in any of the shipyards. They used to have many listings, from manual trades through naval architects. They had a total of 2 postings for jobs at C Port. They used to have quite a few. Of course, they had no listings for people to work on boats.

I feel the same way. Thank God for their quack doctor and his bs physicals.

SAME here…exactly!:sunglasses:

Didn’t they pull Dr. Doom’s medical license?

[QUOTE=Knots;159932]Didn’t they pull Dr. Doom’s medical license?[/QUOTE]

Dr. Doom is a fine veterinarian. HOW DARE YOU!