Dwtf

Hi, I would be interested in hearing about experiences with the distant waters tuna fleet. I’ve recently sent a resume to Tri-marine and aside from their website I know little about them. The work looks interesting, I worked on east coast herring seiners years ago and have been a fisherman my whole life, a trip to the western Pacific has some appeal, but pay and working conditions would have to be acceptable. I fished in the Bering sea for many years so I quess that would be my basis for comparison. Thanks.

[QUOTE=8ball;58755]I fished in the Bering sea for many years so I quess that would be my basis for comparison. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you worked for FCOA in the Bering Sea it will be just like going home only in the tropics instead, If you work for a real Bering Sea fishing company stay where you are. DougPine’s stories here should be enough to convince you!

Actually I did work for Fishing company of AK very briefly about twenty or so years ago, an unpleasant experience, they certainly didn’t want anyone that knew much about fishing. Thanks for the reply.

I worked for fcoa also briefly on a factory trawler in the berring sea,I was the mate.they had a Japanese fish master on there that was the biggest prick I have ever met

If you want to be a paper captain and have to deal with fishing masters, go to work for Tri Marine. PM me for more details.