Dress Code for MSC Job fair?

Just wondering what an appropriate outfit would be to wear to the job fair tomorrow. Don’t want to be overdressed or underdressed.

Full body condom…for your protection!

It’s that bad, huh? I was thinking at least it might be a job.

I’ve always been told that it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed. Dress professionally - slacks and a polo shirt or slacks and dress shirt (with or without tie) - emphasis on a professional appearance - not the time to show off your polo from Hooters.

The federal government hiring process is such that MSC will not hire or even interview anybody based on this event.

That,s not true. While this event isn’t a part of the hiring process. It won’t hurt to go and be seen. Fill the app out. MSC is a very structured environment. There is a lot of chickenshit (uniforms with collar devices etc…) but you can’t beat the benefits. Good luck mon.

That’s only for East Coast and ammo ships. Oilers and tugs are laid back. I was an oilers in the IO where the captain wore flip flop and shorts on the bridge.

Really, your experience is going to vary depending on where you end up and with who.

wear your kilt. feel the breeze. free the junk.

Interview = suit. If not a suit, at least a jacket with a collared shirt.

[QUOTE=KneelbeforeZod!;26372]

Full body condom…for your protection![/QUOTE]

You should bring a condom, and lube, in case they forget theirs.

The U.S. Government frowns on free-ballin’, that’s more of a Scottish thing.

"U.S. Government frowns on free-ballin’ "
hahahahahaha

thanks

This is what I am wearing…

Capt. Anonymous would recommend…

[quote=Marc0;26387]That’s only for East Coast and ammo ships. Oilers and tugs are laid back. I was an oilers in the IO where the captain wore flip flop and shorts on the bridge.

Really, your experience is going to vary depending on where you end up and with who.[/quote] i spent 17 years there on the Atlantic side. A few Captains didn’t mind a more relaxed dress code, but some of them were rediculous.

That might get you hired by SOME people at MSC…

It’s true that C_A has a more contemporary style, where as Capt Lee goes for a more casual look…Here he can be seen picking up stores for his lager…

[QUOTE=stevefoster;26403]This is what I am wearing…[/QUOTE]

Steve, I think you have found a way to set yourself apart from the competiton, well done…

One of these should work good depending on your physical build

I’ve had the most success by wearing a smile in tandem with a clean white shirt.