Dr. Fauci

Here’s my reading of the tea leaves:

President Trump has already laid the blame for being unprepared for the coronavirus at the feet of the governors (which happen to be strong Democrat states of New York, Washington, California and Illinois). He said it’s the states’ responsibility and the feds are there to help if they can’t. Technically, he’s correct.

He’s laying the blame for the impending economic collapse at the feet of an ‘overzealous’ medical establishment including, but not limited to Dr. Fauci, who is already being kicked out the door for not being loyal (he’s publicly embarrassing the President). The new trending slogan is, “Flatten the curve, not the economy.”

His suggestion (threat) to stop social distancing is, first, to remind the medical establishment and State governors who’s in charge and, second, to bring them under control. If he says everyone should go back to work, including Federal workers, many will. The medical establishment and governors know the results will be deadly. This leaves them with a choice: fall in line and get Federal support or push back and there will be delay resulting in greater sickness. Given that choice the only reasonable response is to fall in line.

The democrats who are clamoring for help now are the same democrats who have been flipping him off with sanctuary cities and allowing inner cities to fester. An eye for an eye?

3 Likes

Don’t think he his blaming Dr. Fauci. He is there for a reason. And the nice Dr. Lady that stands behind , will speak up and glad they do. Regardless if Trump raises his eyebrows. They are well respected doctors in their field, and this an opportunity for them to help us through this effing nightmare with their tried and true expertise. Regardless of their political beliefs. It is refreshing to see Mr Pence get everyone to calm down after Trump go’s into that mode he his famous/infamous for. This crap virus is what it is, no matter where it is coming from. There are the"15" points on the guidelines placket Mr Pence is championing. Suggest we at least try some or most of all recommendations. Many haven’t taken it seriously.

2 Likes

If we are criticizing the news, I just listened to a 5 minute montage of CNN. MSNBC, and others calling the virus the Chinese virus and the Wuhan virus and now theyre calling Teump a racist for still doing it.

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

Maybe, unlike you, he doesn’t suffer from an advanced case of TDS, maybe he knows more than what MSDNC is telling you, maybe he thinks the President is doing a good job.

Have resorted to watching other fantasies, Like “Mission Impossible” and the “Fugitive”. At least I have an idea that dude " Kimball" will get away and the “IMF” gets it done… News partisanship on both sides and spins are not very entertaining.

1 Like

Not sure what MSDNC is but if it’s cable news I stay away from it.

1 Like

No surprise.

Well I watched today. Fauci wasn’t there. Trump wants people to return to work by the first of the month. The peak of this pandemic hasn’t even hit yet and hospitals that aren’t swamped yet, will be. There are massive medical supply shortages. I am not sure why he thinks this is a good idea. The only thing that will stop this pandemic is a dearth of contact between persons. Going back to work in a week is way too soon. You can’t wish this disease away. You have to stop non essential movement, period.

5 Likes

Here’s the gem from today’s White House press briefing. It was in the President’s opening monologue. Dr. Fauci was not there, nor did anyone contradict the president at any time. Enjoy.

As spoken by President Trump:

I’m pleased to report that clinical trials in New York will begin for existing drugs that may prove effective against the virus. At my direction the Federal Government is working to help obtain large quantities of chloroquine and you can look from any stand point tomorrow in New York we think tomorrow pretty early. The hydroxychloroquine and the z-pack I think is the combination probably is looking very, very good and it’s going to be distributed. We have 10,000 units going and it’ll be distributed tomorrow. It’ll be available and is now. They already have it and will be distributed tomorrow morning to a lot of people in New York City and New York. We’re studying it very closely and watching it very closely.

You’ve probably saw a couple of articles today came out where a gentleman they thought he was not going to make it. He said goodbye to his family. They’d given him the drug a little while before. But he thought it was over. His family thought he was going to die. And a number of hours later he woke up, felt good, then he woke up again and he felt really good and he’s in good shape. And he’s very happy for this particular drug that we got approved in record-setting time. It’s never been anything even close to it and I want to thank the FDA which is been incredible. Dr. Hahn, Stephen Hahn, highly respected man.

But they’re doing everything possible to increase production and available supply of these drugs. Not only this drug but also others that are coming. Remdesivir is coming from Regeneron. A couple of others are also in their study. But the one that I’m very excited about right now is the one we just mentioned and I think there’s a real chance – I mean again we don’t know but there’s a real chance that it could have a tremendous impact. It would be a gift from God if that worked. It would be a big game changer so we’ll see. But distribution starts tomorrow morning early in New York and I think a lot of people are going to be hopefully they’re gonna be very happy with the result so we’re all gonna be watching closely. It’s something we have to try.

It’s been very, very successful on malaria. Very, very successful. And countries with malaria have had an interesting thing happen. They take this particular drug, it’s very powerful drug, and there is very little semblance of virus in those countries and there are those that say because this drug is very prevalent because of the malaria so we’ll see what happens.

*This transcription is mine. If it is not exactly as it was said the error is mine.

1 Like

There will be trials of drug and treatment combinations. However, this does not negate the need for isolation, social distancing, etc. We don’t even know if the drug will work for everyone or if it is safe for everyone because hydroxychloroquine is hepatotoxic (think liver toxicity) and can cause fatal cardiac arrythmia- so it has to be carefully administered.

By the way, hoarding of the drug is already going on.

3 Likes

The result of this for us seafarers will be that the United States will be a hotbed of infection and countries will close their borders to Americans. That means no reliefs overseas. That means no liberty ashore. We will be feared as disease carrying vectors.

Thought TP hoarding was bad enough LOL. I pay dearly for cable, and intend to use it for a while. my lawn needs a bit of work too. Perhaps I need to start my "Victory Garden " soon. Hope not, but ready.

1 Like

This is a partisan rag, but is this true?

In April 2009 to April 2010 the H1N1 “Swine Flu” swept across the United States. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that that during the outbreak there were 60.8 million cases in the US, 274,000 hospitalizations , and 12,469 deaths .

In September 2009, after there were already at least 593 confirmed deaths by the H1N1 flu, a relaxed and unalarmed Dr. Anthoney Fauci from the NIH downplayed the seriousness of the outbreak and told an interviewer that people just need to “use good judgement.”

Via M. Catharine Evans at American Thinker.

Dr. Fauci: “Parents should not send their kids to school if they’re sick, if you’re sick don’t go to work … avoid places where there are people who are sick and coughing, now that’s a difficult thing to do,” he said. “…You can’t isolate yourself from the rest of the world for the whole flu season.”

That’s quite a change from the esteemed expert’s views on the current virus from China sweeping the world.

According to Evans, “Nowhere in the 2009 interview does Fauci use inflammatory, fear-inducing rhetoric, despite the number of H1N1-infected individuals, increased hospitalizations and deaths occurring at that time. Eleven years later, on March 11, 2020, Fauci is gung ho about COVID-19, warning lawmakers at a hearing on Capitol Hill: “Bottom line, it’s going to get worse.” Since then, the renowned AIDS epidemiologist has been seen daily at White House press conferences and on cable news shows reiterating this message to the public… H1N1’s duration from April 2009 to April 2010 with 60 million infected and almost 13,000 deaths in the U.S. alone was no less serious than the 2020 coronavirus so why was Dr. Fauci taking a more measured approach in 2009?

2 guesses. Begins with D or P.

Taking the above quote from the Gateway Pundit article, it seems quite evident to me why Dr, Fauci was not unusually alarmed in 2009. The reason is that the coronoavirus is more easily communicable than HINI and also has a far greater mortality rate. From Propublica:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that H1N1 killed about 12,500 Americans between April 2009 and 2010, far fewer people than typically die each year from the flu.

Given that influenza is a common disease, and that the death rate was no more than is, regrettably, normal for a year, why would Dr,. Fauci be anything but calm about this fact in 2009?

What I fail to understand is why the writer from the Gateway Pundit thinks it’s odd that Dr, Fauci is alarmed now, with a disease that is orders of magnitude more virulent than H1N1. It seems to me anyone would be alarmed.

2 Likes

Agreed. When the Spanish flu pandemic hit in the early 1900s, it was the 2nd and 3rd wave that killed the most people. Let it die off completely before even thinking about lifting any restrictions. The way I see it is a couple more months of inconvenience is much more beneficial.

Fauci’s absence at the micro rally and the reality of Trump’s fragile ego indicate that Trump may be using the old Soviet style of disappearing those who threaten or might threaten his supremacy.

My guess is Fauci will be quietly disappeard, not fired, not even mentioned. There is probably a presidential memo somewhere prohibiting White House staffers and CDC from mentioning the name Fauci in any context.