DP Ticket revalidation

Just a reminder to guys who have DP tickets from 1984-2002, 2009 and 2010 that you will have to revalitate your DP ticket this year, as per below matrix.

2015: Revalidation of DP certificates issued from 1984 to 2002, 2009 and 2010
2016: Revalidation of certificates issued from 2003 to 2004 and 2011
2017: Revalidation of certificates issued from 2005 to 2006 and 2012
2018: Revalidation of certificates issued from 2007 to 2008 and 2013
2019: Revalidation of certificates issued in 2014 and so on

Best way of logging it is probably in the IMCA logbook with the methodology of calculating days below.

Q&A: HOW WILL THE SEA TIME IN THE IMCA LOGBOOK BE COUNTED IF RECORDED IN HOURS?

The hours recorded in an individual’s logbook will be divided by 2 to get the number of DP days that the person has obtained in the last 5 years. This produces the formula below:

(Total number of hours for each embark / 2h) =< X

Where X cannot be more than the number of days of that embarkation.

The 2 hours comes from the definition of DP sea time for the offshore industry.

Interesting post. I’ve been logging both hours and days in my IMCA logbook, even though it is not formatted in that manner.

[QUOTE=water;150871]Interesting post. I’ve been logging both hours and days in my IMCA logbook, even though it is not formatted in that manner.[/QUOTE]

I just log the hours in once section between when I join and leave the vessel.

You need 150 days DP in the 5 years before your ticket expires.

So going by the above formula, if you have 300 hours logged in your IMCA book that should be enough, provided you don’t have more DP days in one embark than actual days embarked.

For example if you did a 60 day period on board the vessel, and for the first 10 days of the period you had 12 hours per day DP watch-keeping that would leave you with 120 hours DP time. Then for the final 50 days of your period on board the vessel DP was not used once, you can then count the entire 60 days you were on board the vessel as DP days as 120 hours / 2 = 60

The NI are also asking for a confirmation letter for all sea time claimed after 1 January 2014, I wonder how people that have left an employer on bad terms or if a previous employer has gone out of business will get this.

I also wonder what is going to happen to the people who’s tickets expire this year and are not aware that they are due to expire, when their tickets start expiring and they haven’t logged any hours in their IMCA logbooks…