DP induction course

And a US passport, not any other country’s passport.

I think his point is that this is an as for US mariners but since it requires full dp they wrong find qualified people and petition congress for an exemption. I doubt there will be that much trouble finding people with a 1600 and dp if they pay enough…

What made you choose Beier radio over the others?

Its where my company pays for their guys to go

Beier Radio is great for taking the basic course. They treat you like family there. Breakfast & lunch paid for - I found out after I bought a bunch of groceries. If you pay out of pocket, Maurice will do his best to accommodate your financial situation. Only thing I didn’t like was that there were 4 tables ( 2 x fwd & aft station) and only one station could be doing the exercises or playing around at a time. There is no exam at the end (not STCW), and I’m pretty sure they are flexible with the number of hours as well - if you have to catch a plane or don’t want to pay for one more hotel night.

Good job 77! I passed Beier to you only because they were willing to work with me. I never went there but I got a good feeling. I am glad you are paying it forward,

As with anything, any class is what YOU make of it. Now take what you have and make something of it. I was lucky enough to started back in the oilfield less than 3 years ago and now I am THE Master on my own boat. I hope you do better than I.

I just went to the Kongsberg basic course on my own. there were three other guys who were doing the same thing. I’m hoping it makes me look more marketable to a drillship company. No garauntees. Just rollin the dice.

At this point in time, which schools with DP Basic (or Induction ) courses offer the best value?

Which school is cheapest for those of us paying cash out of pocket?

Which school offers the most marketable training? That is, what brand of equipment is most popular with employers.

Any thoughts on MPT for DP Basic?

Best value: Kongsberg, due to the quality of instruction.

Cheapest (Especially for those paying cash out of pocket): Beier Radio

I would think a more established school like Kongsberg or L-3 might be most marketable. I don’t know that employers really care that much though. I assume they would see it as a positive if you took a course on a DP system that is on a majority of their vessels. Take Hornbeck for example, off you look at the vessel specs on their website you will see that they have vessels with Beier, L-3 and Kongsberg. In the end though all the companies really care about I’d whether or not you have that NI DP cert.

Absolutely, it lets the company know you are motivated, it also is tax deductible so you don’t really loose any out of pocket money.

What about MPT?

I don’t know what brand of equipment MPT uses for training, and I have not heard any reports on their expensive ($2500) DP courses, but MPT is generally well regarded.

Fort Lauderdale is a nice place to spend a week during the winter and its cheaper to fly in, rent a car, and stay at a hotel than in NOLA. It might be cheaper overall to go to a $2500 course in Florida, than to a $1800 course in NOLA.

Mình dang lÃ*m trang web [B]dcom3g.net[/B], bác xem giúp em dã dc chua ?.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;90713]What about MPT?

I don’t know what brand of equipment MPT uses for training, and I have not heard any reports on their expensive ($2500) DP courses, but MPT is generally well regarded.

Fort Lauderdale is a nice place to spend a week during the winter and its cheaper to fly in, rent a car, and stay at a hotel than in NOLA. It might be cheaper overall to go to a $2500 course in Florida, than to a $1800 course in NOLA.[/QUOTE]

Thats what it is looking like to me. I have been sitting here figuring out costs. So far they are neck and neck. The need for a rental car in NOLA takes away the advantage of a cheaper class. Plus Lauderdale is SO much nicer than NOLA any time of the year.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;114564]The need for a rental car in NOLA takes away the advantage of a cheaper class. [/QUOTE]

Check out Enterprise locations away from the airport. There is one 1.5 miles away just NW from there. They can frequently offer a better rate, without all the airport facility taxes. It is a $15 cab ride to get there.

[QUOTE=“water;114591”]

Check out Enterprise locations away from the airport. There is one 1.5 miles away just NW from there. They can frequently offer a better rate, without all the airport facility taxes. It is a $15 cab ride to get there.[/QUOTE]

Take a hotel shuttle across the street (or wall) and they will pick you up free…