Downtime fun?

So i know most guys do movies, books, sleeping, and working out but dose anyone have any fun hobbies during downtime that are a little different?

I like to study the growth of palm trees in Alaska.

I do a lot of crap i’d rather not do at home. Bills, license stuff, random crap like that.

Learn an instrument

Masturbate…

We play a lot of board games.

Underwater basket weaving… Competitive crocheting…

On my ship there’s a wireless network dedicated for playing Xbox multiplayer games.

These are two things I want to do, but just don’t feel like doing: learning a language, programming.

[QUOTE=desertrat85;123390]Learn an instrument[/QUOTE]

I hope you’re practicing in an empty hold where no one care hear you, else you might need to buy a new instrument when you get ashore.

I raise performance quarter horses which I sell all over the world. From a high of 100 horses I am down to my last 10 due to my Stallion dying. He was on of the last grandsons of King P234 still alive and breeding. So we decided now was a good time to do something else. So if your looking for a champion bloodline horse I’m blowing them out the door just to be done with it. I have 4 stud colts left worth about 6k a piece that I will sell for 900.00 and a bottle of Jack Daniels. That’s the big bottle, no nips

I am on my third QH who is currently leased to a young lady who rides him when I am not home. Wish I was able to afford another…but I don’t have the time.

[QUOTE=screwdriver;123398]Underwater basket weaving… Competitive crocheting…

On my ship there’s a wireless network dedicated for playing Xbox multiplayer games.

These are two things I want to do, but just don’t feel like doing: learning a language, programming.

I hope you’re practicing in an empty hold where no one care hear you, else you might need to buy a new instrument when you get ashore.[/QUOTE]

I see no reason why a guitar could not be played without anybody hearing it. Especially if it’s an electric and not an acoustic and you just play unplugged.

Before my February or March hitch I usually throw my fly vice and enough hooks/feathers/dubbing in my bag to get ready for trout season. It is pretty easy to crank out enough dry flies and nymphs in 28 days to get me through the the early hatches back home.

Study the stock market so I can retire.

What’s “Downtime”?

[QUOTE=“kzoo pilot;123412”]Before my February or March hitch I usually throw my fly vice and enough hooks/feathers/dubbing in my bag to get ready for trout season. It is pretty easy to crank out enough dry flies and nymphs in 28 days to get me through the the early hatches back home.[/QUOTE]

cool stuff

[QUOTE=Kingrobby;123393]Masturbate…[/QUOTE]

I hope that you aren’t on a Hercules rig. . . .

[ATTACH]3758[/ATTACH]

I hear they will start servicing the Fourchon area

I would hate to walk onboard any vessel with one of those CSI black lights. Think about that folks.

I do things like pay bills, life maintenance crap like that, email family, watch news stations websites and study Latin American Spanish with Rosetta Stone.

I also get caught up on TV series…hey I pay for the HBO at home, I feel entitled to download the same stuff i have on DVR for viewing onboard. Also I try and do 20-30 mins of light cardio, just breaking a light sweat to keep from going totally to mush in the wheelhouse. A few mins a couple times a week with those heavy resistance bands works well too. We don’t have crazy rules here so i’m always running out to take a few casts.

I try and stay off ebay.

Ebay … hear ya! I kill it on the internet shopping too