Dominoes Testing Drone Deliveries. Just think of the possibilities

You’re prayers have been answered… You will soon be able to get Dominoes delivered to your ship.

[video=youtube_share;on4DRTUvst0]http://youtu.be/on4DRTUvst0[/video]

Hell yeah gluten free pizza on the back deck in 30 minutes or less!

Oh lord. The deckhand will never want to cook again.

Not truly gluten free as they use the same cook surfaces and people with diseases like celiac will get sick, ask me how I know.

My wife and son are the GF people at my house. We also go casein free and soy free. We only consume raw unpasteurized dairy. It is very difficult for them when we travel because 95% of our meals are prepared at home. If we drive I bring all manner of food with our own cookware. We always have to stay somewhere like a Residence Inn or someplace with a kitchenette. If we fly we have to make sure a whole foods, Trader Joes, etc is nearby to do all of our shopping. I usually have to buy some cheap pots and pans at the destination for fear of cross contamination. We eat lots of Paleo and Primal diet type meals. I think we own every GF, Paleo and primal cookbook out there. I on the other hand only have a sensitivity to it but stay away as much as possible. I eat that way at home and try as best I can on the boat. People have no idea how hard that is and I always catch shit about it. I did notice though once I quit consuming gluten on a regular basis I never have migraines. My entire life I had very bad ones on a weekly basis and now very rarely. Usually If I have one and I know it’s not sinuses I was glutened somewheres. Right now we are on the Paleo Chinese food craze with cauliflower rice and coconut aminos as a soy sauce substitute. The stuff tastes just like soy sauce and none of the sodium content. I like the dominos GF pizza as a go to item when crew changing or traveling for work.

Do you have to give the drone a tip?

Those RC Quad Rotors are cool. I could see folks tossing the pizza and keeping the copter.

No tip, but they charge a delivery charge. It’s a couple thousand dollars.

Is Dominoes gluten free? No wonder it tastes like shit.

[QUOTE=Mikey;111562]You’re prayers have been answered… You will soon be able to get Dominoes delivered to your ship.[/QUOTE]

How long before you can get good pizza delivered?

[QUOTE=jdcavo;111671]How long before you can get good pizza delivered?[/QUOTE]

Ya for chain store delivery pizza it’s Papa John’s, I have always liked the mom and pop pizza places the best.

How many drunk people will be injured trying to grab the drone at parties?

Interesting how the topic of GF has come up here recently. I thought I was the only one who had a bitch of a time when traveling with my daughter always trying to find a place for us to be able to go to eat. The thing is for me when on the road, the absolute last thing I want to do is to have to cook for us. At home it is easy tho to fix GF meals (just basically fresh non prepared food is all that we need). I am intrigued that Dominoes has a GF pizza. Didn’t know that because I love pizza when roadtripping and so does my little girl.

Regarding this drone delivery scheme all I can say is what a GIMMICK! Like who is going to fly these things and what certs will they need? What’s the point when you can hire a kid to do it in a beatup old Toyota Corolla?

I’m no drone expert but I feel confident in saying… it’s going to be a few years before a drone has the range to fly from E Tremont to 2nd street (or are you on Forbes Drive?)

:wink:

[QUOTE=john;111738]I’m no drone expert but I feel confident in saying… it’s going to be a few years before a drone has the range to fly from E Tremont to 2nd street (or are you on Forbes Drive?)

;)[/QUOTE]

I’m not on Forbes Dr (Martinsburg) any longer, but the same applies. If I can’t get a decent pizza delivered in Northern VA, the likelihood of getting it delivered at sea is non-existsent.

It’s all about finding the right stuff. Gluten free pancakes for instance blow regular ones right out of the water in my opinion. I think dominios tastes like shit just because it sucks.