Current wait for NMC

Just an FYI, submitted an application for a domestic endorsement back on 11/25…still waiting for an evaluator!!! Nonsense!!! Been through medical and whatnot but its a little extreme. All the bozos that waited till the last minute for a security endorsement are messing it up for everyone! Oh and those medical certificates.

All they said was to keep checking back, that they are slammed with applications.

My status has been at "waiting to be assigned to an evaluator "since Dec 17th. I applied around the first of November.

I finished testing 18 December and just last Friday got an approved for issuance email. When I called a couple days ago they said they are really backed up in the print department and have had some problems with the machine. I will be glad if my license shows up before the end of the month and everything is on it thats suppose to be.

Submitted ARPA and GMDSS to be added Dec 2. Made it through medical and security Dec 18. Still waiting for an evaluator. Ridiculous! When you call them, they are always very quick to remind you for the govt shutdown. Such complete bullshit! Costing me $150/day because a bunch of idiots waited until the last second to submit for their VPDSD and they can’t get their shit together at the NMC.

I heard that they don’t have enough Turtles and Rocks for all the Rec’s

Just talked to the NMC. They said that currently it is about four weeks from medical to an evaluator and then about 19 days to print.

Your application has completed the evaluation process and is approved for issuance. Unless you provided the Coast Guard with a request for delayed issuance, you should receive notification within one business day indicating that the credential was issued.

That’s for VPDSD. That email was received Dec 27 and nothing heard since.

Yea it won’t be printed in one day. They messed up my new license (put the ECDIS restriction on it). Got an email on 12/23 saying they were wrong and sending me new stickers. Called Tuesday to see where the hell it was since I never got a “printed” email, and was told it was at least 8 business days to print (not taking into account Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and a day closure for weather). So who knows when I’ll see it.

8 1/2 weeks from dropping my packet off at the REC in Mandeville. I renewed and upgraded my MMC 500 to 1600 master and added SA and VPDSD. 1 1/2 weeks from the time it was approved to print and the time it was printed not quite the day the e mail said it would take.

Approved for issuance January 3rd. Mailed today January 13th. Time to get to work.

Still waiting to be evaluated! What a goddamn joke! Tough to even start studying as in what exams I have to take are dependent upon said evaluation.

Guess I got lucky. Dropped off renewal packet on 02 December @ REC Baltimore, and received my little red book 18 January.

Called NMC today, they lost my FCC license and asked me to resend it in. Direct from the NMC person I called any email coming in to Iasknmc email is 10-15 Days for email to get direct to correct person and 15-20 once approved to print before it will get printed, so depends how long my evaluator needs but in my mind fasted I could get my endorsement would be 4-7 weeks? Been there 6 weeks already and my package was complete, they couldn’t find my FCC license which has been on file there for years.

[QUOTE=coldcreepin;129236]Called NMC today, they lost my FCC license and asked me to resend it in. Direct from the NMC person I called any email coming in to Iasknmc email is 10-15 Days for email to get direct to correct person and 15-20 once approved to print before it will get printed, so depends how long my evaluator needs but in my mind fasted I could get my endorsement would be 4-7 weeks? Been there 6 weeks already and my package was complete, they couldn’t find my FCC license which has been on file there for years.[/QUOTE]

I can’t imagine why the NMC would have trouble processing an application you filled out.

2 months from submittal to approval to test for me…clean application, no more information required.

Just over two months to add ARPA and GMDSS. All I had to send was certificates, license and application. No complications. This is the time straight through without complications.

Turned in my app on November 6 th. They sent a letter saying that I didn’t qualify for anything I applied for but they hadnt even looked at my file yet so when they do get around to it, in a couple of weeks, they will get back to me.

Still waiting.

Still waiting. Seems they misplaced some of the seatime I have submitted over the years. It is a good thing I called them thouggh as they were only looking back to 2001 and I got my AB in 1996. This is turning out to be a long process.

NMC was pretty good for awhile but it has become a really unacceptable mess. Heads should roll until they can deliver reasonable service. After all we pay for this twice with tax dollars and high fees.

I am still waiting for VSO and the medical card

Your congressman should be able to expedite the process!