New License Issuance

Does anyone know what the current turnaround time is for receiving a document/license after successful completion of USCG exams?

I did some renewal exams a few weeks ago and overnighted them to the rec in Oregon, they had them scored and uploaded in the data base in about two days. About 2-3 days later my document was approved/printed/mailed. Received it about 4 days later.

Very satisfied with the rec in Portland, Oregon.

Five weeks and counting on my renewal. Received my medical card two weeks ago. Talked to the NMC this morning, my application is still waiting to be assigned an evaluator, the lady I spoke with said that she couldn’t give me a timeline because they are experiencing higher than normal volume.

My renewal/upgrade was submitted 23 May to Seattle rec. Got through the medical weeks ago and has been awaiting an evaluator since. My current expires on 30 July. Sucks!

Submitted to new Orleans on may 22. Just got to evaluator today.

My renewal was accepted May 21st and just yesterday, July 10th it was received by an evaluator. I called three days ago and they told me it was a five week wait for an evaluator although mine had been waiting six. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

I sounds like a quite the service they offer.

[QUOTE=CoastalDPO;140777]Five weeks and counting on my renewal. Received my medical card two weeks ago. Talked to the NMC this morning, my application is still waiting to be assigned an evaluator, the lady I spoke with said that she couldn’t give me a timeline because they are experiencing higher than normal volume.[/QUOTE]“Higher than normal volume?” When you experience “higher than normal volume” every single day for the past year and a half, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate what is “normal” and adjust accordingly. This crappy system that our livelihoods depend on is as broken as the southern border.

Typical government run agency. How many coffee breaks are taken in a day? How long is a lunch hour? Mondays and Fridays are probably the least productive days of the week. They’ve been saying the same line of bullshit since they invented VPDSD and the government shutdown last fall. It’s time to stop blaming someone else and get back to work.

Who the hell knows these days. My last Issuance after successfully completing the exams was about a week. This last upgrade with no test, took a little over 4 months. That was just passing the medical and verifying sea time.

My renewal application sat waiting nine weeks for an evaluator until last Thursday, July 10. It was approved the next day, and today, July 14 is being shipped out via US Mail. Ten weeks from emailing my renewal package to the REC to issuance.

Does anyone know specifically what language to place in a Sea Service letter that meets the NMC requirements for “master, mate OR EQUIVALENT supervisory position?” What qualifies as “EQUIVALENT supervisory position” for master or mate sea time? I rec’d a letter form the NMC requesting additional sea time as “master, mate OR EQUIVALENT supervisory position.”

Has anyone successfully applied AB service, it seems to not be too far a stretch to round it into a “supervisory position” if you work with unlicensed or OS deck crews? “AB is more skilled and ranked above than an ordinary seaman. AB generally works in the deck department. Apart from performing routine sea duties, AB is trained to steer a ship using compass and other devices.”