Crisis Management

I have some time off coming up and I’ll be using it to collect some stamps for my little red book. One of the classes that is available to me is Crisis Management and Human Behavior. This particular course is two days long, and according to the school is “specific to ro-ro vessels”.

Does this mean that it includes the roll on roll off information, and is valid on all passenger vessels including ro-ro? or is this endorsement only valid on ro-ro ships?

I have e-mailed the school for clarification, but in the interim if anyone has the answer please reply. Always grateful for the information and occasional entertainment to be found on the forum!

[QUOTE=swab;174002]I have some time off coming up and I’ll be using it to collect some stamps for my little red book. One of the classes that is available to me is Crisis Management and Human Behavior. This particular course is two days long, and according to the school is “specific to ro-ro vessels”.

Does this mean that it includes the roll on roll off information, and is valid on all passenger vessels including ro-ro? or is this endorsement only valid on ro-ro ships?

I have e-mailed the school for clarification, but in the interim if anyone has the answer please reply. Always grateful for the information and occasional entertainment to be found on the forum![/QUOTE]

Without knowing the specific school/course I can’t give a very specific answer. The STCW requirement has some common elements for all passenger vessels, and some that are unique to RO/RO passenger vessels. It probably copmes down to the specific approval given to the course by the NMC. If the approval says it is only for RO/RO, then that’s what it is. Ask the school for a copy of the current approval letter from the NMC. You can also look it up on NMC’s web page. The page is not set up so I can give you a direct link, but on the link below, click the “Course Approvals” tab and then the big red button for the list of courses. Check the approval for the course you’re interested in.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Mr. Cavo!