Coast Guard back ground question

I have a my AB, STCW-95,ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING, LIFE BOAT, AND RFPNW BUT NO MMD. I am going to apply for it this time when I go home. The problem is I can’t even remember all the times I’ve been arrested. I only remember the bad ones. Kinda crazy when I was younger. Anyway I need to send this off when I go home because I don’t want to take any of it over since it only lasts a year. I don’t have time to write the states for the info on my crime sprees as a jack ass. So I was wondering what would happen if I didn’t put everything. I’m not trying to hide anything just can’t remember all the stupid sh#t I did as a a kid. Would they deny me or something. Could I write a letter saying I can’t remember all the times? Any help would be appreciated

How did you get your AB?

If your "crime spree" is as bad as you lead on, you may not need to remember to write all of your past instances as they will probably deny you an MMD before finishing reading.  That being said, I believe a simple statement of "I have disclosed all information to the best of my knowledge" would suffice. Heck I even think the application says something similar to that and asks you to sign it.

Probably ask a license consultant. That’s a better idea.

[QUOTE=Alexander0;149461]I have a my AB, STCW-95,ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING, LIFE BOAT, AND RFPNW BUT NO MMD. I am going to apply for it this time when I go home. The problem is I can’t even remember all the times I’ve been arrested. I only remember the bad ones. Kinda crazy when I was younger. Anyway I need to send this off when I go home because I don’t want to take any of it over since it only lasts a year. I don’t have time to write the states for the info on my crime sprees as a jack ass. So I was wondering what would happen if I didn’t put everything. I’m not trying to hide anything just can’t remember all the stupid sh#t I did as a a kid. Would they deny me or something. Could I write a letter saying I can’t remember all the times? Any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

Listing some and saying you can’t remember the rest is better than just listing some but not all. The outcome is going to depend on what the convictions were for, and when they were. Fort each type of crime, there is a specified “assessment period” If your most recent conviction falls in that period, you will need to provide a lot more information to prove you are “safe and suitable” to hold an MMC. The Coast Guard will determine your specific period based on your circumstances. The assessment period is given as a range of years, and aggravating factors like other convictions will result a higher period being assigned. Having so many you can’t remember may ensure you are assigned the maximum. Again, what that period might be is going to depend on the crimes you were convicted for, and how long ago.

While it has no bearing on the conviction issue, I have to wonder about why you would taking a lot of courses without an MMC, and more than a little doubt about whether you can get one.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Xavier6162;149556]How did you get your AB?[/QUOTE]
I’m pretty sure he means he took an AB course to substitute for the Coast Guard exam.

AB ~ $1000
BST ~$900
Lifeboat ~$1200
RFPNW Lookout ~ $850
RFPNW Assessment ~650 ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING ?

That looks like approximately $4,000 - $5,000 worth of classes/courses “Before” attempt an MMD.
I mean no personal bearing by this Alexander0, but….oh …never mind. Based on my past I’m in no position to judge anyone.

Definitely a good time to use a license consultant, and I would suggest hiring a background company or two to provide you what is on your record, maybe it will jog your memory and by comparing the two you should have it covered and also have this information for future employment applications.

Go to the Police dept where these things took place and request a CORI report. Criminal offender record inquiry is what I believe it stands for. That should give you most if not all you information

“Have you rehabilitated yourself?”

-Arlo Guthrie

After what ive seen go on lately with companys hiring out of desperation this guy has a shot at job if he can get past the CG. I know of a recent circumstance where someone FAILED a drug test, for an illegal substance, but because he was “unaware” he had consumed it and has a job + MMD again. Why you would have spent all that money, on chance is beyond me. Am i right to assume that some of those certificate’s will expire and be invalid long before he has sea time enough to submit them ?

Pull your criminal history and report everything, I’m sure you can think of all the cities/ states where you got into trouble. The USCG will be very very hostile towards you if you don’t disclose your criminal history. I think you can google disqualifying offences and get a feel for what may be concerning you. As long as there are no felony convictions you should be in pretty good shape. For the record even felony convictions after a certain amount of time are not held against you.

You need to go ahead and apply for a TWIC Card, as you have to have one in order to submit an application for an MMC. It is my belief that If you qualify for a TWIC, then its unlikely that you will be turned down for an MMC.