CM/Master - Engineering Assesments

Reading over the CM/Master Unlimited assesments, there is a section on Engineering. Classes are offered to cover these, but it is not required. If I wanted to forgo the class, and get signed off onboard ship, would these be done by a qualified CM/Master or a 1 A/E or Ch Engineer? I read throiugh the NIVIC, and didn’t see the answer. Although, my eyes were getting a little crossed trying to make sense of some of what they were saying.
I already have the CM/Master <3000 tons, so there are just a few assesments I need to actually get signed off on, in engineering.

Is the answer on P.1 of Enclosure (2) to NVIC 19-14?

You’re right. I got cross eyed sooner than I thought I had.