Climate change is poised to deliver more Black Saturdays in decades to come

Says who?

“The new results from the NEEM ice core drilling project in northwest Greenland, led by the Niels Bohr Institute at the University of Copenhagen show that the climate in Greenland was around 8 degrees C warmer than today during the last interglacial period, the Eemian period, 130,000 to 115,000 years ago.”

And that’s not how you spell Antarctica.

1 Like

Another effect of CO2?

Climb it change

6 Likes

when the ice melts off Greenland and the sea rushes in over the sunken continent sea levels will dramatically drop

BBN now.
Next stop, Alex Jones.

Disagree, the worst pain will be felt by those used to relative abundance and seeing it disappear, Those that are used to nothing expect nothing.

2 Likes

Thank you teacher

I’m no advocate for pollution. Australian coal exports are pretty well matched by their iron ore exports. Anyone into steel futures?

And now, for something completely off topic. My turn to disagree. They risk everything because expect better conditions. When push comes to shove, the haves will protect their turf with bullets against the have nots. Those cause pain. If someone attempts to force their way into my home, I have the means to discourage them. This is no different. We’re already seeing refugees forcing entry into developed countries because they offer better conditions. We don’t chose our parents nor do we chose where we’re born so it’s not my intent to demonize immigrants but if you allow people to ignore your immigration laws using the rationale that your country is better than theirs, what’s next ?.. “By the way, your wife is way better looking than mine…”
This is not farfetched paranoia, it’s already happening. Following several ‘unfortunate incidents’ Sweden has had to establish state sponsored classes to teach certain immigrants groups that rape is not acceptable behavior.

Er, not exactly. At least as of 2017. Do you have a later reference?

Cheers,

Earl

1 Like

What makes you think it stopped in 2017? If you want to bury your head in the sand, it’s entirely up to you.

In August 2018, SVT reported that rape statistics in Sweden show that 58% of men convicted of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were immigrants born outside of the European Union: Southern Africans, Northern Africans, Arabs, Middle Easterns, and Afghans.

Swedish TV investigating journalists found that in cases where the victims didn’t know the attackers, the proportion of foreign-born sex offenders was more than 80%.[11] The number of rapes reported to the authorities in Sweden significantly increased[4] by 10% in 2017,[13][14] according to latest preliminary figures from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.[13][14] The number of reported rape cases was 73 per 100,000 citizens in 2017, up 24% in the past decade.[14] Official numbers show that the incidence of sexual offences is on the rise;[4][11][14] the Swedish Government has declared that young women are facing the greatest risks and that most of the cases go unreported.[4]

Sweden is currently in sixth place in rape statistics for all countries behind South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Bermuda.See a trend?

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/rape-statistics-by-country/

Way to cherry pick a Wikipedia entry, don’t you think out of fair analysis you could have chosen all of it?

“Statistical factors

Unlike the majority of countries in Europe, crime data in Sweden are collected when the offence in question is first reported, at which point the classification may be unclear. In Sweden, once an act has been registered as rape, it retains this classification in the published crime statistics, even if later investigations indicate that no crime can be proven or if the offence must be given an alternative judicial classification.“

“Ever since the collation of crimes was initiated by the Council of Europe, Sweden has had the highest number of registered rape offences in Europe by a considerable extent. In 1996, Sweden registered almost three times the average number of rape offences registered in 35 European countries. However, this does not necessarily mean rape is three times as likely to occur as in the rest of Europe, since cross-national comparisons of crime levels based on official crime statistics are problematic, due to a number of factors described below.”

And of course since Sweden is the ONLY country to have any refugees, this is comprehensive proof of refugee crime potential.

Say, you like statistics? Do gun violence next. Like the rape statistics, people you care are more likely to be killed and or raped by someone they know, like the Sweden statistics on rape show.

I thought this stupid thread was dumb when peptic ulcers came to play.

1 Like

Imgur

1 Like

Highly sophisticated. When you have nothing constructive to contribute, resort to memes.

Replying to Freighterman, dont be so touchy

:grin: My wife invited Captain Morgan into the office and he’s making me jumpy.

3 Likes

Since anything goes in this thread:

Geaux Tigers!

1 Like

This thread has reached that same exact point where your truck gets stuck in the mud, and you try to rock it back and forth, back and forth, to get it out. Then you give up and start throwing anything under it that will give you traction. Steel futures, Swedes, memes, rum, whatever.

2 Likes

Well, if they’d a started with rum…

Swedish TV investigating journalists found that in cases where the victims didn’t know the attackers, the proportion of foreign-born sex offenders exceeds 80%