Climate change is poised to deliver more Black Saturdays in decades to come

Bad choice, We have one of the oldest thermometers in the world installed in the same place for over 80- years in Victoria and it doesnt show any raising temp change trend.

1 Like

One swallow (or thermometer) does not a summer make. It takes thousands of them, all over the world.

There is no climate change!

There is no climate change!

(Sends proof of sea level rise—crickets. )

So there is a climate change?

But I thought there wasn’t a climate change?

————————-

If only this thread would die. KC, I blame you, not the OP, your second one. However, I would like to compliment you on your judgment in avoiding your normal practice of making a new thread and title once one goes off track. ‘Swedish Rape Statistics’ would have been an awkward thread to establish.

1 Like

Here’s one for all the thermometer worshippers above. Enjoy … some facts.

And possibly someone reliable to write down the temperatures.

I concur. But the records from that station have now been ‘homogenised’ by the zealots by reference to less well positioned stations many hundreds of km away and, lo and behold, now record a strongly warming trend whereas the raw data showed slight cooling.

BOM magic.

It’s so wonderful to know there’s a reliable way to make jughead show up. When you consider that he said he would withdraw but can’t, it’s funny, in the sad-funny way. If you think about it, he has no free will—so funny.

It is of course also funny-haha—cause he’s so wrong.

Today’s lesson is from a forester with a lifetime of experience.

Everybody can learn from him. He does mention fuel which for some reason doesn’t seem to figure much amongst the firefighting-trained and experienced professional mariners bloviating here.

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doomed-planet/2020/01/an-inferno-of-incompetence-and-obfuscation/

there are not thousands of old thermometers in the world with 100 years of data

If anybody wants to overturn temp data or whatever it’s not going to suffice to poke around on the internet looking for sites that agree with what you’re seeking.

Someone needs to put up some serious money and hire some people with good credentials to put together some credible data that can survive scrutiny.

That was done in the Berkeley Earth Temperature Study and was funded in part by the Koch Foundation. Over a million dollars were spent.

Given project leader Muller’s well-publicised concerns regarding the quality of climate change research, other critics anticipated that the Berkeley Earth study would be a vindication of their stance. For example, when the study team was announced, Anthony Watts, a blogger who popularized several of the issues addressed by the Berkeley Earth group study, expressed full confidence in the team’s methods:

I’m prepared to accept whatever result they produce, even if it proves my premise wrong. …

1 Like

Really, all this reminds me of the arguments back in the 60’s of whether tobacco smoking caused lung cancer. The cigarette companies own scientists in the 1950’s determined that smoking greatly increased the chance of lung cancer but the companies kept that information secret for obvious reasons. The tobacco companies hired other scientists and even doctors to defend cigarette smoking and for 20+ years people argued about it. Now it is an accepted fact. The fossil fuel industry’s practice mirrors that of the tobacco industry. I am as done with discussing this foolishness as I am done with arguing with a friend of mine that still smokes but says he had a relative that smoked until 100 years of age so that proves smoking is safe.

4 Likes

Or how about…

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Australian Navy Ships Evacuate 1,000 People Trapped by Bushfires2

Noting the new title of this thread, it’s opportune if we are predicting “climate change is poised to deliver more Black Saturdays in decades to come” to pause for just a moment and look at what the experts predicted in “decades to come” a few decades ago.

I’ve already posted a few in a similar vein, and there’s a smorgasbord of failed predictions, so we’ll start with one from N. America where some of my critics reside, shivering in the snow.

Until you can predict, your science is wrong.

And one closer to me.

P.S. A planned Australian climate protest has been called off because of rain making it less than ideal for protesters to lie on the ground and glue themselves to the roadway.

There IS a God.

P.P.S. We’ll really know if there is a God if it rains on their new protest date of 31 Jan. Pray with me.

And some sobering reality on fuel loads and the vindictiveness of the climate warriors.

if you want info about the climate ask a crop commodity broker, they are the only ones that invest their own money on climate facts.

Geez, commodity traders are the biggest gamblers in the world and lose more often than they win. However one good bet can set them up for life. For them a black swan event is a regular occurrence, it takes nerves of steel and a LOT of leverage to have a hope in that game unless you can manipulate the market. The best ever at the commodity game was Marc Rich and he employed genius, politics, market manipulation and lots of leverage.

Commodity traders are working too short term. Financial instruments over decades would be a better indicator.

The question to ask he how is this allowed? If you are a bank and you make a bad loan you eat it. You don’t pawn it off to a taxpayer guaranteed entity. But the big money boys that run the US have all the rules in their favor because they wrote them.

They might bet one year or so in advance but what they do know it crop output in all regions around the world and they all employ meteorologists for the future predictions
So they monitor what happens where and where did the data come from.
The guys I speak to say the whole industry thinks climate change is a scam.
They say show me a place thats getting an average hotter temp and I will show you one with colder annual temps.
If farming isnt a measure of climate then nothing is.

Australia has had less rain in the south and more in the north so are looking for crops that can stand more rainfall and move them north.

1 Like