Climate change is poised to deliver more Black Saturdays in decades to come

To legally shit on Sweden you need to have a Nordic citizenship!

So stay off our turf.

5 Likes

its a pyramid, the more you shove in the bottom for low wages the higher to top gets.
BUT they are lowering the value of the lower classes in your country.
The middle class getting poorer is a result of competing cheap labour that clearly the gov allows.
Immigration is a short and cheap shot to gdp increase but creates zero productivity increase so zero wealth creation for the nation.

People still get those jobs done in countries without cheap labour

1 Like

One for the CO2 tragics.

2 Likes

Bonus issue for methane tragics as well.

By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley,

Let me conclude, then, by simplifying the argument. It is what is not said in any “scientific” paper about global warming that is most revealing. It is what is not said that matters. I cannot discover any paper in which the ideal global mean surface temperature is stated and credibly argued for.

The fact that climate “scientists” do not appear to have asked that question – or, as Sherlock Holmes would put it, that the dog did not bark in the night-time – demonstrates that the global-warming issue is political, not scientific.

The fact that the answer to that question is unknown demonstrates that there is no rational basis for doing anything at all about the generally warmer weather which is proving most beneficial where it is occurring fastest – in the high latitudes and particularly at the Poles.

There is certainly no case, scientific, economic, moral or other, for denying electrical power to the 1.2 billion who do not have it, and who die on average 15-20 years before their time because they do not have it.

1 Like

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”

― Garry Kasparov

2 Likes

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

There you go ! My point exactly. Those that control the government control the labour which is to say the citizens.

“Most of the increase in living standards and income went to the top 2% in the last 30 years. No illegal migrant from any country caused that.”
yes they did, whether they knew it or not that is the outcome of them arriving in your country.
People have confused post WWII immigration where many skilled people arrived to expanding country’s, now its uneducated rif raf moving to mature western country’s where they are not needed. ( except by the rich)

1 Like

That’s true because the 2% are allowed to employ them. The .5-2% control the country and that makes them happy.

Don’t you hate it when you want to troll a discussion, and it goes off on a tangent you’re not interested in?

1 Like

I’m more concerned that a blog of supposedly professional mariners is so blind (to their own common sense) that not one of my critics can admit that adding fuel to a fire makes it bigger.

Not one. Not you. Have a crack at it. A’v a go, mate as we Aussies say. Anybody?

Or just stay on your knees to Saint Greta.

1 Like

Quite the contrary. I have found that most people I have sailed with over the years have been free thinkers, pragmatic, and well informed. I personally have spent twenty years at sea and in just that time have seen wild swings in weather patterns, far more erratic and strong storms than were present even ten years ago, and tidal levels in my home town that are frankly alarming.

My common sense has to ask. What is there to lose by at least TRYING to limit our impact on the environment? Is it the fear of tanking the economy or hurting shareholder profits? Why not innovate and replace the current energy business model with a new one that isn’t so blatantly polluting? Why not TRY something instead of burying our heads in the sand and kicking the can to the next generation like every other generation before? There will be money to be made in alternative energy sources and I’d rather bet on trying something rather than nothing.

3 Likes

Again, does adding fuel add to the fire? Simple question. Answer it … without the blathering.

Does ‘withdraw’ mean something different in criminal? I meant Aussie! No wait it works for both.
Turns out there’s evidence that the fires are all
About how you’re a bunch of criminals with a penchant for arson and recidivism. So it’s not about fuel. Can’t you read?

My story?

1 Like

Or even funnier still.

Climate change is a good thing isnt it.
More trees will grow and desserts will become green like they were before when the earth had the proper level of Co2.

1 Like

Jughead, Last time I saw you, you were taking your ball and going home because no one wanted to play your game. But now you’re back, as overwhelmingly underwhelming in your logic as ever.

You want us to agree with you that adding fuel to a fire makes it hotter. Well, no one has contested it…
But weren’t you the guy quoting:

So why are you so busy trying to join our flock? Don’t be concerned for us. We’re OK. Head home and chat up the BBN crowd. Maybe group- troll a support group for autistic Scandinavian adolescent girls.

Jugheads disagreement is not with the forum rather it is a disagreement with thermometers. Never argue or attempt to reason with someone who argues with inanimate objects.