Chouest Donates $1 million

CNN reports that Gary Chouest has donated $1 million to the presidential campaign of Bobby Jindal.

Drop in the bucket. Paid for by a retroactively rescinded 401k match…

They should have put that in the 401k fund.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;166447]They should have put that in the 401k fund.[/QUOTE]

Bribing politicians has one of the best return on investment rates one can have. It is not like Chouest contributed to a fund to wipe out cancer, heart disease or something of that nature that would benefit mankind in general. Maybe Jindal will let the taxpayers give Chouest another shipyard, worked last time !
Corporations, which were formerly known as a legal piece of paper but are now the same as living breathing citizens, don’t pay “campaign contributions” without expecting something in return which makes it a bribe or payment for favor received.

That’s not a donation. It’s an investment.

[QUOTE=highseasharry;166450]That’s not a donation. It’s an investment.[/QUOTE]

Everyone who handled that payment should be sitting in a prison cell today.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;166447]They should have put that in the 401k fund.[/QUOTE]

Even when times are bad they have to keep their pet politicians happy.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=tengineer1;166448]Corporations… don’t pay “campaign contributions” without expecting something in return which makes it a bribe or payment for favor received.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know for sure but I expect that the money came from Gary Chouest personally. Not that it really makes much difference.

Right now, Gary Chouest is Bobby Jindal’s only $1 million donor. If Bobby Jindal becomes a serious contender for the Republican nomination, Chouest will undoubtedly give him a few million more.

No matter what you may think of the politics of Corporate Personhood behind that kind of donation, the assets of Mr. Gary and family (Edison Chouest Boat Rentals, ECO, North American Shipbuilding, Gulf Ship, Tampa Bay Ship, LA Ship, Nav Ship (Brazil), C-Comm, MT, C-Innovation, C-Port, and others, are nearly all private, closely-held entities.

Thanks to the findings of the US Supreme Court in ‘Citizens United’, EACH of the dollars that these enterprises represents has as much right to free speech as expressed in election financing as YOU do.

[QUOTE=Seadjon;166470]

Thanks to the findings of the US Supreme Court in ‘Citizens United’, EACH of the dollars that these enterprises represents has as much right to free speech as expressed in election financing as YOU do.[/QUOTE]

Every atrocity committed during the 1930s and 40s in Europe was “legal” under the laws of the nation that was responsible for them. That doesn’t mean they were not atrocities or that those who participated were not part of the corruption.

I bet c.capt is on the verge on an aneurysm because he cant post in this thread.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;166484]I bet c.capt is on the verge on an aneurysm because he cant post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’m sure.

I’ll post his rant for him:

“Bayoo mafia, blah, blah, Jeaux Boss, blah blah, crooked politicians, blah blah. Good day SIR!!!”

I don’t see how it’s anyone’s concern when someone donates money to a candidate of their choice. To someone like Gary a million dollars is like a hundred dollars to you people. No one complains when you give $100 to your local candidate why does it matter in this case?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;166492]I don’t see how it’s anyone’s concern when someone donates money to a candidate of their choice. To someone like Gary a million dollars is like a hundred dollars to you people. No one complains when you give $100 to your local candidate why does it matter in this case?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with ya JB.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;166492]I don’t see how it’s anyone’s concern when someone donates money to a candidate of their choice. To someone like Gary a million dollars is like a hundred dollars to you people. No one complains when you give $100 to your local candidate why does it matter in this case?[/QUOTE]

Because, Jeaux Douche, ECO chose not to match any 401K money for last year by way of an email THIS February, but Gary’s got a million sitting around to throw at Jindal?

What a phat phucking philandering pharce!

As I’ve stated before my personal assets and the company’s money are not one and the same. The company couldn’t afford the 401k match, that has nothing to do with my personal checking account.

Citizens United was a very bad court decision. We need a Constitutional Amendment to establish public campaign financing, and a much shorter campaign period. The campaigns in Canada only last for about three months; that is plenty of time. Direct personal and corporate campaign contributions should be banned.

Chouest has been supporting democracy all over the country for years. He not only has given money to Jindall but also Jeb Bush. He has given major money to politicians in Alaska and is a big supporter of Congressman Elijah Cummings in Baltimore Maryland. Chouest’s companies contribute via PACs and other ingenuous means other than individual contributions. These contributions help form the best government one can buy for those that can afford to buy the government. The rest of the people really don’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

I was wondering when Jeaux was gonna chime in now where’s c captain? He still having his technical quandray?