Shit sticking to another GoM company

I just love this one

[B]Bad stuff on the bayou[/B]
Capt. Max Hardberger
May 30, 2013

Lest WorkBoat readers think that industry news is confined to new OSV designs and dry vessel market reports, a string of salacious reports on the antics of the president and owner of Houma, La.-based Cenac Towing Co., Arlen “Benny” Cenac Jr., comes along to spice things up a little.

According to a May 23 Times-Picayune story out of New Orleans, Cenac was charged in federal court on that date with making illegal campaign contributions. Apparently an even-handed sort of fellow, he was accused by U.S. Attorney Dana Boente of having made the contributions to both U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu and Sen. David Vitter.

Certainly no one can fault Cenac for hedging his bets, figuring that no matter who won the 2008 election he had a friend in high places. But employing the clumsy device of evading campaign contribution laws by writing personal checks for cashiers’ checks in others’ names doesn’t jibe with his apparent skill in running a successful towing company. And he is surely the only tugboat company president in recent memory to have been accusing of molesting a 4-year-old boy.

The Times-Picayune article reports that the company’s website describes Cenac as a “Louisiana entrepreneur, philanthropist and nature lover.” A lover he may well be. According to a March 18, 2006, article in the Houma Courier, Cenac settled a child-molestation civil lawsuit against him for $2 million. According to the Courier report, Cenac was accused by the family of a former employee of molesting their young son over a period of several years. A Lafourche grand jury declined to rule on any of the criminal charges against him, but the family filed the civil lawsuit seeking damages. Cenac denied molesting the boy.

In the civil action involving the child, he admitted that he had been involved in a “consensual sexual relationship” with the boy’s father. So much for the general perception of tugboat company owners as a breed of rock-jawed men ’amongst men!

Cenac’s tender side clearly evidenced itself in discussing the matter. According to the Courier article, when Cenac was asked if he had any regrets, he began to cry. “I’d give my life for that child. I can’t explain it, but that love and relationship was there.’”

Well, love may make the world go round, but illegal campaign contributions don’t. In any event, the tug industry is clearly more diverse than we would ever have thought.

what a fucking cesspool of utter hypocrisy!

he and his dad are definitely worlds apart.

an update today

[B]President of Louisiana Towboat Company Faces 5 Years in Prison[/B]
June 10, 2013
By MarEx

a bayou bottom dweller

The president of a Louisiana towing company pleaded guilty today to using his personal and business accounts to fund campaign contribution checks in the names of others in support of two candidates for the U.S. Senate, Acting Assistant Attorney General Mythili Raman of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney Dana Boente announced.

Arlen “Benny” Cenac Jr., 57, a resident of Houma, La., and the president and owner of Cenac Towing, pleaded guilty today to making false statements to the Federal Elections Commission (FEC). He faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 5, 2013, before U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier.

“Today’s plea marks the second campaign finance conviction in a week and is one of many such cases brought throughout the nation,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Raman. “Mr. Cenac’s crime undermined the cornerstones of campaign finance laws, and his conviction demonstrates our resolve to hold accountable anyone who corrupts our electoral process.”

“Mr. Cenac, in an effort to increase his political contributions, structured his financial transactions and created false documents,” said U.S. Attorney Boente. “This prosecution should serve as a warning to people who attempt to hide their identity and make contributions in excess of legal limits.”

According to the plea documents, Cenac obtained cashier’s checks using his personal and corporate funds in names of individuals other than himself, including people he knew professionally, personally, or through family relations. Cenac neither sought nor obtained the permission of the individuals he listed as remitters on the cashier’s checks. He then submitted the checks as campaign contributions to the campaigns of two U.S. Senate candidates, causing the campaigns to submit materially false information regarding the source and the amount of the contributions to the FEC.

The case was investigated by the FBI’s New Orleans Division. Trial Attorney Tracee Plowell of the Public Integrity Section and Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Friel of the Eastern District of Louisiana are prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. (Source: USDOJ).

Of course, one must wonder about the campaign contribution antics of the likes of Messrs Gary, Otto Jr., Todd, Shane and Charles plus Mister Boysie as well? They’re just smart enough to not get caught is all!

It sounds like Cenac Towing may be headed for a distress sale.

[QUOTE=“c.captain;112249”]an update today

Of course, one must wonder about the campaign contribution antics of the likes of Messrs Gary, Otto Jr., Todd, Shane and Charles plus Mister Boysie as well? They’re just smart enough to not get caught is all!

.[/QUOTE]

I thought u wanted LESS government intrusion in our lives?

I’m very disappointed in your comment here C. Captain, to throw such accusations about is reckless at best, and possibly actionable
I know none of these gentlemen personally, and venture that you don’t either, but resent anyone stooping to this level
without a scintilla of evidence or even any rumors whatsoever. I truly expected more from you sir, and think you should
apologize for such an injustice, you should not grind your axe at the expense of someone else’s reputation.

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112293]I’m very disappointed in your comment here C. Captain, to throw such accusations about is reckless at best, and possibly actionable
I know none of these gentlemen personally, and venture that you don’t either, but resent anyone stooping to this level
without a scintilla of evidence or even any rumors whatsoever. I truly expected more from you sir, and think you should
apologize for such an injustice, you should not grind your axe at the expense of someone else’s reputation.[/QUOTE]

Are you really that naive SIR? Do you think every other vessel operator in the GoM is just squeaky kleen when it comes to their campaign contributions? YEAH RIGHT! SURE THEY ARE!

Cenac was just a little fish who wasn’t very careful hiding his tracks is all…everyone but EVERYONE playing in the GoM is paying handsomely to make damned well sure Louisiana’s Congressional Delegation is front and center backing them and the mafiosi way they run their businesses. We’re talking Louisiana politics here which are just one slight level less odoriferous than Alaska’s! It’s only a matter of degree…Corrupt, Corrupter, CORRUPTEST!

I stand by my comments Captain, blanket speculation and generalities on your part does not make it either right or correct. Any man deserves better.

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112300]I stand by my comments Captain, blanket speculation and generalities on your part does not make it either right or correct. Any man deserves better.[/QUOTE]
Not speculation at all. There are plenty of websites where you can research political contributions [bribes]. The Chouest group was one of the biggest contributors to Gov. Jindall’s campaign and one of the first things Jindall did after getting elected was announce that the state of Louisiana [taxpayers] was going to invest $10 million dollars in a shipyard run by Chouest.Now why a billion dollar outfit needs this welfare is anyones guess. The Chouest family and their PACs are one of the biggest political contributors in ALASKA which makes no sense unless one is extremely naive about how things get done in this banana republic called the USA. Now, I do not blame the Chouests, the Guidry’s, Hornbecks, OMSA or any of the rest for buying favors and gaming the system. They are business people and they get a tremendous return on their investment. That the system allows bribes [campaign contributions] to be paid and the politicians to accept them is the problem. You as an individual, how much can you influence the game? Furgetaboutit

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112300]I stand by my comments Captain, blanket speculation and generalities on your part does not make it either right or correct. Any man deserves better.[/QUOTE]

What tengineer said!

HEYYYY…STEAMER!

[QUOTE=tengineer;112312]Not speculation at all. There are plenty of websites where you can research political contributions [bribes]. The Chouest group was one of the biggest contributors to Gov. Jindall’s campaign and one of the first things Jindall did after getting elected was announce that the state of Louisiana [taxpayers] was going to invest $10 million dollars in a shipyard run by Chouest.Now why a billion dollar outfit needs this welfare is anyones guess. The Chouest family and their PACs are one of the biggest political contributors in ALASKA which makes no sense unless one is extremely naive about how things get done in this banana republic called the USA. Now, I do not blame the Chouests, the Guidry’s, Hornbecks, OMSA or any of the rest for buying favors and gaming the system. They are business people and they get a tremendous return on their investment. That the system allows bribes [campaign contributions] to be paid and the politicians to accept them is the problem. You as an individual, how much can you influence the game? Furgetaboutit[/QUOTE]

I must add one additional bit of information. Thirty years ago when unions were active in the USA there was some small degree of parity because they made political contributions[bribes] to gain influence. They also carried with them a voting bloc which could influence an election. There are two things these corporations HATED about unions, paying into a pension plan they couldn’t get their hands on and having to compete for politicians attention [pay more money]. In the USA unions were demonized or broken up so now there is no competition for political favors it is now just finding the right amount needed to buy a politician’s vote. The moral bar for most politicians is pretty low to begin with !

C.Captain did not accuse them of making campaign contributions, he accused them of making ILLEGAL campaign contributions, with nothing more than speculation on his part. I think that is unwarranted and uncalled for, if you have any evidence of any wrong doing, lets hear it…
But where I come from you don’t throw out accusations just because you have an axe to grind.

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112384]C.Captain did not accuse hem of making campaign contributions, he accused them of making illegal campaign contributions, with nothing more than speculation on his part. I think that is unwarranted and uncalled for, if you have any evidence of any wrong doing, lets hear it But where I come from you don’t throw out accusations just because you have an axe to grind.[/QUOTE]
The way I read what he wrote is that he was admiring them for being smart enough to not get caught at doing something illegal. There are many ways to legally pay bribes and with the Citizens United ruling no one will ever know you did so as your identity will be hidden. The major players know this or learned thru experience. Years ago when Chouest was getting government contracts they were big supporters of Mississippi Trent Lott who was majority leader. They also employed Trent’s son Chet Lott, a polo playing pizza guy as a “lobbyist”.
Chouest also contributed big bucks to Rep. Don Young’s [Alaska] legal defense fund to help him fight charges of being unethical of all things. This sort of stuff is public knowledge. Who knows how much money has changed hands thru PACs we don’t know about.
These people get tremendous return on their investment. According to what is known Chouest only gave $135,000 to Jindall and in return the people of Louisiana saw fit to give $10 million to Chouest’s business. That is a good handout deal, especially when you have billions already! It makes the welfare woman in a Cadillac that Reagan used to talk about seem like a regular Mother Theresa in comparison.By no means do I think Chouest is the only one doing this but there is just so much material out there about the company it’s easy to point out. I actually admire the guy a great deal.

somebody just has their panties all in a twist because I dumped their employer in with the lot of dirty laundry…

interesting what turns up when you do a simple internet investigation of the biggest and pretty much only political donors in Des Allemands

2009 / 2010 Contributions:

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies, Llc/Chairman CEO), (Zip code: 70030) $5000 to REPUBLICAN PARTY OF LOUISIANA on 10/25/10

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC/CHAIRMAN), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to FRIENDS OF MARIA on 10/16/09

KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES/VICE PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $2200 to DAVID VITTER FOR US SENATE on 10/21/09

NICKI CANDIES (CANDIES INC./EXECUTIVE), (Zip code: 70030) $2200 to DAVID VITTER FOR US SENATE on 10/21/09

KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES/VICE PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to DAVID VITTER FOR US SENATE on 10/21/09

NICKI CANDIES (CANDIES INC./EXECUTIVE), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to DAVID VITTER FOR US SENATE on 10/21/09

Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 06/29/09

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 06/29/09

Mr. Kevin Candies (Otto Candies, LLC/Executive Vice Pr), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 02/23/09

Otto Mr. , Candies, Jr. (Self Employed/Business Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 02/23/09

Otto Mr. , Candies, Jr. (Self Employed/Business Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 05/05/10

Otto B. III Candies (Candy Fleet Corporation/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to BILL CASSIDY FOR CONGRESS on 08/31/09

Mr. Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive Vice Pre), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to HUNT B DOWNER CAMPAIGN on 08/20/10

Otto Mr. Jr Candies (Otto Candies LLC/CEO), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to HUNT B DOWNER CAMPAIGN on 08/20/10

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/CFO), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to HUNT B DOWNER CAMPAIGN on 08/20/10

Otto Mr. Jr Candies (Otto Candies LLC/CEO), (Zip code: 70030) $2400 to HUNT B DOWNER CAMPAIGN on 09/11/10

2007 / 2008 Contributions:

OTTO MR JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/OWNER), (Zip code: 70030) $14000 to NATIONAL REPUBLICAN SENATORIAL COMMITTEE on 03/18/08

PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/PRESIDENT & CFO), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 03/31/07

KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/EXECUTIVE VICE-PR), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 03/31/07

PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/PRESIDENT & CFO), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 03/31/07

KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/EXECUTIVE VICE-PR), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 03/31/07

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/CEO/CHAIRMAN OF T), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 04/30/07

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/CEO/CHAIRMAN OF T), (Zip code: 70030) $300 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 04/30/07

NICKI M CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/DIRECTOR OF REGUL), (Zip code: 70030) $438 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 04/12/07

Jr., Otto Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to POE FOR CONGRESS on 09/18/07

OTTO MRS CANDLES (HOMEMAKER/HOMEMAKER), (Zip code: 70030) $2000 to DAVID VITTER FOR US SENATE on 01/31/07

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 10/02/08

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 10/02/08

Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 10/02/08

Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

P. Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

P. Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 01/21/08

Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 06/30/08

P. Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to SCALISE FOR CONGRESS on 06/30/08

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $5000 to LOUISIANA REFORM PAC on 10/14/08

Jr., Otto Candies (Otto Candies, LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $5000 to LOUISIANA REFORM PAC on 10/14/08

MR. OTTO CANDIES, JR. (SELF-EMPLOYED/PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. on 03/12/08

MR. KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES INC./PARTNER), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. on 06/17/08

MR. OTTO CANDIES, JR. (SELF-EMPLOYED/PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. on 06/17/08

MR. PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES L.L.C./EXECUTIVE), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. on 06/17/08

OTTO JR CANDIES, (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. on 08/09/08

Otto Candies (Self Employed/Business Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 11/06/08

Kevin Candies, (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 12/08/08

Otto Candies (Self Employed/Business Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to FLEMING FOR CONGRESS on 12/08/08

MR. KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES INC./PARTNER), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to MCCAIN-PALIN COMPLIANCE FUND INC. on 06/19/08

MR. OTTO CANDIES, JR. (SELF-EMPLOYED/PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to MCCAIN-PALIN COMPLIANCE FUND INC. on 06/19/08

MR. PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES L.L.C./EXECUTIVE), (Zip code: 70030) $2300 to MCCAIN-PALIN COMPLIANCE FUND INC. on 06/19/08

MR. KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES INC./PARTNER), (Zip code: 70030) $12066 to MCCAIN VICTORY 2008 on 06/12/08

MR. OTTO CANDIES, JR. (SELF-EMPLOYED/PRESIDENT), (Zip code: 70030) $12066 to MCCAIN VICTORY 2008 on 06/12/08

MR. PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES L.L.C./EXECUTIVE), (Zip code: 70030) $12066 to MCCAIN VICTORY 2008 on 06/17/08

2005 / 2006 Contributions:

Mr. Paul Candies (Otto Candies L.L.C./Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $5000 to REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE on 10/19/06

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES INC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 06/09/05

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES, LLC/CEO/CHAIRMAN OF T), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 12/15/06

Otto Mr Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Chairman), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to CHARLES BOUSTANY JR MD FOR CONGRESS INC on 03/28/06

PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to JOHN KENNEDY FOR US SENATE INC on 05/23/05

Mr. Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Chairman), (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 03/31/06

Mr. Paul Candies, (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 03/31/06

Mr. Otto Candies, Jr. (Otto Candies LLC/Chairman), (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 03/31/06

Mr. Paul Candies, (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 03/31/06

Mr. Otto Candies, Jr., (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 10/18/06

Mr. Paul Candies, (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to CRAIG ROMERO FOR CONGRESS INC. on 10/18/06

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2000 to COMMITTEE TO RE-ELECT BOBBY JINDAL on 06/13/05

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2000 to COMMITTEE TO RE-ELECT BOBBY JINDAL on 01/03/05

Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive), (Zip code: 70030) $2100 to COMMITTEE TO RE-ELECT BOBBY JINDAL on 02/23/06

2001 / 2002 Contributions:

Mr. Paul Candies (Otto Candies Inc./President), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE on 04/16/01

Otto Candies Jr. (Otto Candies Inc./Marine Contractor), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 10/22/01

Otto Candies Jr. (Otto Candies Inc./Marine Contractor), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 09/07/01

Otto Candies Jr. (Otto Candies Inc./Marine Contractor), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 10/22/01

Otto Candies, (Zip code: 70030) $500 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 10/22/01

Paul Candies (Otto Candies Inc./President), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 06/06/02

Paul Candies (Otto Candies Inc./President), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 09/06/02

Kevin Candies (Otto Candies LLC/Executive Vice Pre), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to THE BILLY TAUZIN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE on 09/06/02

OTTO MRS CANDIES (RETIRED), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 10/15/02

OTTO MRS CANDIES (RETIRED), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 04/20/01

AGNES CANDIES (HOMEMAKER), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to FRIENDS OF MARY LANDRIEU INC on 03/11/02

Jr. Otto Candies (Otto Candies/Owner), (Zip code: 70030) $888 to DAVID VITTER FOR CONGRESS on 04/12/01

PAUL CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $500 to WALTERS FOR SENATE on 03/09/02

KEVIN CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to TERRELL FOR SENATE on 10/31/02

OTTO JR CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to TERRELL FOR SENATE on 10/31/02

OTTO III CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to TERRELL FOR SENATE on 10/31/02

PAUL B II CANDIES (OTTO CANDIES LLC), (Zip code: 70030) $1000 to TERRELL FOR SENATE on 10/31/02

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/elec2/elec-DES-ALLEMANDS-LA.html#ixzz2W441eSeo

and these are just “personal” contributions…what about “corporate” donations and how about money sent to PACs as well! This system is so utterly rotten and corrupted as to be unsalvable without major campaign finance reform. It is a system where those with the money control the legislative and administrative process at all levels of government. What is invested in our “popularly elected” represent all of us pays back incredible dividends and return on investment to the donor all at the loss to all of us who don’t have the cash to buys such influence.

Some EFFING system is all I can say!

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112384]C.Captain did not accuse them of making campaign contributions, he accused them of making ILLEGAL campaign contributions,[/QUOTE]

please find for me where I use the word “illegal”?

I’m still waiting…

" They’re just smart enough to not get caught is all!"

So that doesn’t imply that they were doing something illegal ?

The fact that the men you accused of this are Politically active was not an issue, but to imply illegal activity and group them with a convicted felon IS the fact in point.

Reminds me of Congress belittling entrepreneurs for using legal means to avoid paying excessive taxes…
These are the current framework of laws that we work with, why is there any shame in using them fully ?

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;112450]" They’re just smart enough to not get caught is all!"

So that doesn’t imply that they were doing something illegal ?

The fact that the men you accused of this are Politically active was not an issue, but to imply illegal activity and group them with a convicted felon IS the fact in point.

Reminds me of Congress belittling entrepreneurs for using legal means to avoid paying excessive taxes…
These are the current framework of laws that we work with, why is there any shame in using them fully ?[/QUOTE]

When you own the politicians that write the framework of laws so that they benefit you it is certainly not illegal but it sure could be considered immoral.

Morals don’t matter on the bottom line, profits do.