Captain Ron's Boat IS For Sale!

The boat from

Captain Ron - The Movie is for sale! If only I had a spare 150k :wink:

From a boater’s forum:

the forsale one is fulll of rot and the owners want 3 times its resultant value as a selling price. is being rented out in a friends marina in kemah…
2 formosa 51s WERE USED FOR THE MOVIE AND ONLY ONE HAD GREEN MASTS. that is the one forsale.

The boat:
51’ Formosa Cutter Rigged Ketch

That would explain why it’s been on the market for so long…I spotted it a few years ago in Central America and it was forsale then …

Hi …this is the latest update concering S/V Wanderer…She has a contract by Ms.Lady Katie and Captain Ronald (Ron) Nevills…Yes to all of you professional surveys that has never placed one foot on her deck…And to the eye witness that has seen S/V Wanderer in places that she has never been…She has been placed in very capable hands…She is slated to be placed in rehab this late fall…Or early winter…She will be in care of captain Ron Nevills, and her long time first mate Donnie…Donnie has more time on S/V Wanderer than anyone in her history…Captain Ron has more than 40 years as a prominate “shipwright” …Captain Ron has been building boats since age 10 …And has a history that most would love to have on there team…He was even awarded United States Army Corps of Engineers contracts to work on many of our nations lighthouses…captain Ron who has cruised from Seattle’s Shilshole bay, to Glacer Bay ,and Skagway Alaska…To Green Turtle Key Bahamas…F/Mate Donnie has been involved in several total refits of Formosa’s…Now after many months of visiting and even spending several nights on board Wanderer…And many days of surveying her from stem to stern…We have absolutly no idea of all of this ‘rot’ that you have mentioned…Yes her hull was painted green in 1991…And after 20 years, and surviving hurricane IKE in September 2008…I agree she needs a new paint job…The previous owners has already installed new teak decks…They do need some chalking, in some places…The interior sole plates do need to be refinished…And the 35 year old 120 HP. Ford diesel will be replaced with a new John Deere model 6068TFM75 as per Grant of Progressive Diesel of Pearland Texas…A complete new set of sails, including a new roller furling will be on order…She will have installed for the first time…A generator…suplied by Beta Marine…Based on a Kubota Marinized diesel engine…Captain Ron is a expert on Kubota’s…And with the advice of Stanly the cheif engineer of Beta Marine …I am sure the job will be done right…S/V Wanderer will be fitted with a new hydrolic bow thruster…And complete new electronics…Now we are having a web site buit so those who would like to keep up with Wanderer’s progress can…Katie