Brown vs blue water

What’s going on I’m a TMA engine cadet and I’m curious to know which is the way to go. Most kids talk about how they desire to travel a lot blah blah, which is cool but I want to know where the real money is at. 90% of my friends at school are deckies and I’m always hearing about all of these great opportunities on OSV’s, drill ships etc… I never hear to many people talking about containers or tankers except for maybe commercial cruise just for the experience… Why is that? What would be some pros and cons to going overseas or working in the gulf?

Did you really just ask this question before you used the search option? Just wait a few more hours till the day crew gets up and sharpens the pointy stick. I’m sure they will have something to say more productive. Get a pen and paper be ready to take notes.

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87814]What’s going on I’m a TMA engine cadet and I’m curious to know which is the way to go. Most kids talk about how they desire to travel a lot blah blah, which is cool but I want to know where the real money is at. 90% of my friends at school are deckies and I’m always hearing about all of these great opportunities on OSV’s, drill ships etc… I never hear to many people talking about containers or tankers except for maybe commercial cruise just for the experience… Why is that? What would be some pros and cons to going overseas or working in the gulf?[/QUOTE]

You should sign up ASAP with AMO. As sharp as you apparently are you will be very happy with them.

I’m looking for a real answer not real bullshit

I’m in a good mood so I’ll throw you a line… There are lots of real answers here but try searching the topic before starting a new thread 'cause this has been discussed extensively… Folks appreciate seeing you make an effort to look for the answer instead of asking them to do your homework for you.

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87847]I’m looking for a real answer not real bullshit[/QUOTE]

Then do some looking. You’ve been given all the info you need.

Wha to the wha now?!?!

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87847]I’m looking for a real answer not real bullshit[/QUOTE]

Copping an attitude already with only two whole posts to your credit…

tisk, tisk master seaAggie…you truly are a “greenhorn” & have much to learn before you become a man. No better time than to start right here & right now

For one to post on any forum and ask a question that has been already answered many times in many ways on that very forum is the real bullshit unless of course one doesn’t understand how to use the “search” feature. If you do not understand how to use the search feature we can help teach you that trick. If you do know how to use search you are either" A. Too lazy to use it. B. Too inebriated to use it. If the answer is B we will be quite understanding but if the answer is A , well, you got a lot more BS coming.

Young feller you need to make a career in brown water now. Look at Kings point, they have chosen that route, and are going to lead the way of the future young man. You know the leaders at KP could never be wrong they are so in touch with the entire maritime industry, and have such depth and experience in making the correct decisions. Look at the new state of art training ship they just got, mighty impressive if I don;t say so myself. That shalow draft boat will get you prepped for that brown water career with a quickness!!!

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;87883]Young feller you need to make a career in brown water now. Look at Kings point, they have chosen that route, and are going to lead the way of the future young man. You know the leaders at KP could never be wrong they are so in touch with the entire maritime industry, and have such depth and experience in making the correct decisions. Look at the new state of art training ship they just got, mighty impressive if I don;t say so myself. That shalow draft boat will get you prepped for that brown water career with a quickness!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, after last night I needed a good laugh.

[QUOTE=tengineer;87881]For one to post on any forum and ask a question that has been already answered many times in many ways on that very forum is the real bullshit unless of course one doesn’t understand how to use the “search” feature. If you do not understand how to use the search feature we can help teach you that trick. If you do know how to use search you are either" A. Too lazy to use it. B. Too inebriated to use it. If the answer is B we will be quite understanding but if the answer is A , well, you got a lot more BS coming.[/QUOTE]

ok ok i should have searched i get that my mistake. But all the extra bull u can save it for somebody who cares. I came here with a serious question not to get hassled about what i should and shouldn’t do. If anything why not do something productive like maybe refer me to a link. Apparently you see I’m new here.

[QUOTE=c.captain;87873]Copping an attitude already with only two whole posts to your credit…

tisk, tisk master seaAggie…you truly are a “greenhorn” & have much to learn before you become a man. No better time than to start right here & right now[/QUOTE]

WHAT? get out of here! This is the internet not a frat. So what if i have 2 post if somebody says something start to me I’m going to reply with a smart answer. I didn’t come on here to start any bullshit with anybody. i came on here to learn more about the industry, read some good stories and network with other cadets. Btw I’m not a 18 year old fresh from mommies pussy. if anybody on here wants to be treated with respect you have to know how to give it.

[QUOTE=Fid;87852]I’m in a good mood so I’ll throw you a line… There are lots of real answers here but try searching the topic before starting a new thread 'cause this has been discussed extensively… Folks appreciate seeing you make an effort to look for the answer instead of asking them to do your homework for you.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks I’m new i didn’t think to search for my question, which is my mistake. it came to my mind so i made a thread about it.

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87899]ok ok i should have searched i get that my mistake. But all the extra bull u can save it for somebody who cares. I came here with a serious question not to get hassled about what i should and shouldn’t do. If anything why not do something productive like maybe refer me to a link. Apparently you see I’m new here.[/QUOTE]

OK, I understand you don’t want to be “hassled” so I’ll give you a link. Scroll to the top of this page for the light blue section and look to the right for a little magnifying glass looking thingy. That is your link to knowledge.
Good luck…
are you sure you aren’t a KP deckie ?

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87900]Btw I’m not a 18 year old fresh from mommies pussy.[/QUOTE]

Please Oh Lord…giveth thou the strength to not disembowel thy young and foolish boy with thous mighty and fully functional pointed stick…

Giveth thou the patience to withstand the tiny sqweaks that cometh from his direction

[QUOTE=seaAggie_904;87900]WHAT? get out of here! This is the internet not a frat. So what if i have 2 post if somebody says something start to me I’m going to reply with a smart answer. I didn’t come on here to start any bullshit with anybody. i came on here to learn more about the industry, read some good stories and network with other cadets. Btw I’m not a 18 year old fresh from mommies pussy. if anybody on here wants to be treated with respect you have to know how to give it.[/QUOTE]

No if you had been here at all before or made any effort whatsoever to try to learn about this forum before piling headfirst in here with your obviously obtuse and informed questions, you would not be receiving any other this dumptruck load on top of you so take my advice…stop posting, shut up and read some threads before you return or just be prepared for more of the same.

You are a very little fish here and you’d best remember that fact!

Here we go… Another academy grad who thinks he knows it all. You’re from the “computer generation,” how can you come to a forum and not know about the search button? Then when someone calls you out, you get all pissed and attempt to lash out at the people who you are asking for help… Come on man. Guys like you give the academy guys such a bad rap. You’re going to have an eye opening experience when you get on your first vessel if you keep this attitude, but fear not, it’s not to late for you. All you have to do is shut up and take notes and you will learn more in your first couple months on a vessel then the 4 (or 5) years you spent in school.

You can even get back to neutral ground on gCaptain as well. You can still use the search key and if you have specific questions, come back to this thread and ask it. This site is FULL of good knowledge and very smart people who are willing to help if you show you’ve put some effort in.

Dang junior is keeping that pointy stick sharp and close!

This is hilarious! I love this industry!