Beware of companies that bounce your paycheck

*&%$#!!! Slime Balls who bounce your pay and don’t make it good.
WD Enterprises out of Wichita Kansas; employee beware
W D Enterprises: Employee Beware.
[B]W.D. Enterprises; Employee Beware. :eek:[/B]

I did contract work for Texas DOT Galveston-Bolivar Ferry system through this company and their paychecks are worthless. As of September 13, 2009 they still have not made good on my Aug 1 paycheck. :mad:
*&%$#!!! Slime Balls

Report them to the State of Texas!

Today is September 26 and still no money from them.
I have filed formal complaint with State of Kansas where the company is based.

[B]10 = don’t forget about the [/B][B]Dept. of Labor[/B][B] this link will help you find out if the [U]particular state[/U] requires immediate payment or not. Good luck. Another thing, I’ts federal, so they can(hopefully) help you connect the dots when It comes to who actually “owns, operates, manages, does payroll (or subs out payroll ) etc…blah blah blah.” [U]and[/U] Scuz companies usually “base themselves” out of states that are [U]least regulated[/U] in the area that they are being a__holes about. Follow this for Texas public transportation contacts and find who/department solicited the bid for those contracts. [/B]

[B]Also try [/B][B]TX DOT contacts [/B][B] or (800) 558-9368 to discuss an issue in your local area.[/B]

[B]Hope this helps, and don’t forget, always keep good records ! You must remember the last time someone said “who did you talk to?” Your good records will save you some time in long run, even if you loose out on your money, You will not have wasted time back-tracking same’ole #'s and leads.[/B]

[B]Good luck.[/B]

[B]Here is one more link to the Texas agency that issues vouchers…
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=15 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=“20%”>[B]601[/B]</TD><TD width=“80%”><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[B]TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION[/B]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>RONNIE BROWN</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>VOUCHER PROCESSING</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Phone: 512-486-5614</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Fax: 512-486-5670</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Email: rbrown@dot.state.tx.us</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
not sure but they may have info on that company also.
[/B]

Get with TXDOT they should be able to help you. See if they got paid.
There are some news companies they can probably help you.

Good luck

Years ago when running crewboats for PBR out of Morgan city I used to get uncashable paychecks on a normal basis. Had a whole stack of them…

You might consider consulting a maritime (admiralty) attorney. Wages of seamen may give rise to a high priority maritime lien against the vessel. Make sure you see an experienced maritime lawyer. Maritime liens are among the things that make admiralty a unique specialty and a true admiralty lawyer will know of all your rights and options (hint: if your lawyer thinks a “proctor” is the doctor you see for hemmorhoids, get someone else)

TxDOT refuses to have anything to do with it. They paid the money and washed their hands.

this is a situation that may call for an real sea lawyer…but I’d call the US Marshal office in Galveston/Houston and inquire about filing a complaint against all concerned…if they have had other complaints who knows they might go ahead and “plaster” the vessel??

Somewhere I came across a Brown List of all the problem companies either the ones that were not issuing Sea Time letters or not paying, but I haven’t been able to relocate it again.

Has anybody else seen it and maybe post a link to it…

…Goll, wish I could afford that! lol :smiley:

National Mariners Association use to post a “brown list” on their website…imagine there are alot of companies on “shaky ground” out there right now…speculate there will be more of this kind of thing happening before the ecomony fully recovers…may be a good idea to know how to deal with these happenings effectively!!

The “real” admiralty lawyer I mentioned will be able to advise if an “in rem” action against the vessel and the possibility of having the vessel arrested to enfoce a lien is an option.

kinda wish that would happen to me now…always wanted to own a supply boat…

just wait…may get back to what went on in the 80’s…you could buy a repo osv from MARAD or La bank for twentyfive cents on the dollar then!!

I would rather own the contract to employ the vessel. :slight_smile: