? best company for a 500/3000 dpo with 25 years experience?

I recently passed my 500 ton master/ 3000 itc. I am a DPO… And have 25 years experience…I have heard mixed reviews on Harvey, Eco, otto candies, and hos… In y’alls opinion…which company has the better pay and benefits…? which has less B.S.?.I want to get with a good company and get settled in my comfort zone for the last 15 years of my career…Job changing is not something I’m used to…All thoughts appreciated…I only want to change companies 1 more time.
Thanks

Buds boat rentals.

What are you looking for? Money, Time Off, Less Bullshit. Pick two you can’t have all three.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;138518]What are you looking for? Money, Time Off, Less Bullshit. Pick two you can’t have all three.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s the most astute observation I think I have ever read on this site. Probably needs to be worked into an official bayou tee shirt or something. Could sum up all job interviews into a 30 second quiz… Wonder who you would be working for if you chose none of the above? C&G?

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;138518]What are you looking for? Money, Time Off, Less Bullshit. Pick two you can’t have all three.[/QUOTE]

It’s comparable to the sales pitch: Fast, Good or Cheap. You can only have 2.

Lolz I bet there are several!

Ok. Let me re-phrase the question …If u had 500 ton master/ 300 itc with a dpo what company would u go with? and how much are they paying?

OK… So bottom line…with all things considered, which would be the best company to appy to.?

[QUOTE=comfortzone;138812]OK… So bottom line…with all things considered, which would be the best company to appy to.?[/QUOTE]

for Christ’s sake man…this has been discusses over and over in earlier threads on here. Go back through them and you will find the answers you seek.

quit asking this same shit endlessly…

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;138519]Wow, that’s the most astute observation I think I have ever read on this site. Probably needs to be worked into an official bayou tee shirt or something. Could sum up all job interviews into a 30 second quiz… Wonder who you would be working for if you chose none of the above? C&G?[/QUOTE]

Nah you get time off and less bullshit, but old equipment and no opportunities to expand your self.

I am doing something wrong I only get one of the three!

I can tell u this…the one with the best pay has the most bullshit.
HOS…i have no info…but i believe that they have better benefits than the others.
ECO…is a great company to work for…depending on your manager and coordinator. Usually stay behind
The top paying companies…because they can.
Harvey…best pay but dont even consider it if u dont want bullshit.

green horn thank you, that was the most straight forward answer yet…the other regulars want me to reseach the past post rather than just give an honest answer…My feeling about these top contibuters is that they just like to hear themselves speak…some kind of power trip for themselves. I will apply to eco and hos and just see how it goes with them.thanks again.

HOS has great benefits, good pay. Lots of paperwork, haven’t seen too much out of the ordinary bs this far. It is a fairly formal and structured atmosphere.

ECO has decent benefits, but can be a hell hole depending on you manager and co-ordinator. Even time is hard to come by. It can be pretty laid back there, depends again on management and the master.

Lots of room for advancement at both companies right now.

I know what u mean…they are undoubtably very smart individuals but they seem to consider themselves as kinda superior.
Myself, I think that they are just kinda jealous because they have all the years and years of experience and the big big glorious
unlimited masters lic. And the money we are making right now in the gulf just pisses them off. Theres no way we could easily
do their job…but i know if theyd come here and try to do ours, theyd be humbled very quickly.

One important detail. Eco is the only one of the large companies that have not given a pay cut or laid anyone off in the last 20 years. I can’t speak for the future but that is their track record. Harvey, HOS, seacor, and tidewater cannot say the same. But all companies have their good and bad.

U know…i have heard this over and over and over. Its fact…But tell me this…
Which is worse?
to get a raise and then get it taken away…
or
to never get a raise at all?
think about that and then tell me your next chouest koolaide flavor.

Ok I feel the need to chime in here. How about to not get a raise and have a job or get this awesome raise and be laid off when shit gets tough. I’m personally going with the track record of not laying off.

[QUOTE=greenhorn;138892]U know…i have heard this over and over and over. Its fact…But tell me this…
Which is worse?
to get a raise and then get it taken away…
or
to never get a raise at all?
think about that and then tell me your next chouest koolaide flavor.[/QUOTE]

I will take the bird in the hand any day. Most of the “they never lay off” crap is just rhetoric to help the helpless cope with being undervalued. Not just under paid, but valued as an expendable commodity. Why don’t they lay off? Maybe because they fire the shit out of folks when the payroll needs a trim. Plenty of people have been de-hired one way or the other. And last thought, who said anything about taking the raises away? Sounds like you are betting against the house. I was looking for a job when I found this one… Got a nice fat bankroll for the hard times ahead.

I remember a Tidewater officer’s meeting, where they bragged about never laying anyone off. The layoffs started within 90 days. Fun times, waiting for the hammer to fall. I got lucky, though.[QUOTE=Gofast;138893]Ok I feel the need to chime in here. How about to not get a raise and have a job or get this awesome raise and be laid off when shit gets tough. I’m personally going with the track record of not laying off.[/QUOTE]