Are you happily employees!

Greetings All,
I ask because I’m going to be starting the job search in the next few weeks. I realize that many are happy to be employees right now - I’m just curious about companies that people are happy to be working for.
All the best,
MTSKIER

MTSKIER,

Hornbeck Offshore Services I would put as one of the best to work for if not the best.

Rusty,
HOS is ok, I wouldn’t go to say the best, but the package is pretty good. They need to get off their butts and give us some RSU’s for this year or a bonus, we had a record year in 2008! I have been with HOS for 7 years and it all depends on who your VGM is…
SeaSpeed

SeaSpeed,

I agree with you. Been waiting for the RSU’s also after a record year in 2008.

[quote=Rusty;12830]SeaSpeed,

I agree with you. Been waiting for the RSU’s also after a record year in 2008.[/quote]

I own HOS stock and I’m not seeing any big numbers…

Hi, mtskier
it’s great that you are going to search jobs,i would like to know your qualification ,and your specialization so that i can suggest you good companies that you should work with,again i will suggest you to prepare a good and professional resume before you start to apply,i recommend you to visit these site which helps to prepare online professional resume quickly,here is the list
<style type=“text/css”> <!-- @page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> &n</style> http://www.interactiveresumebuilder.com
http://www.eresumemaker.com
http://www.resume-builder.net

I have been with Chouest for a couple of years now and have no complaints. Their overall package seems to be as competitive as any and they offer alot of variety and opportunity for advancement. And no, I’m not from the Bayou!

Chouest has given me some great opportunities, I have advanced myself and been some really cool places and done some really cool things ( In the Government division) I now work in the GOM and things are still good. I think that some of the pain in the butt items are more the industry than the company in many cases. I would recomend Chouest, I worked for Seacor years ago and would not go back for anything. I am always looking though, as any man would who is concerned for the continued well being of his career and family’s sucess and have yet to find anything better than Chouest. Oh yeah, I am not from the Bayou either and have had great oppertunities at Chouest, the bigger the company gets the more they understand that the old ways dont translate well, when you have to crew a new boat coming out every month.

Chouest is getting 30 applications a day. They have over 80 referrals from licensed Captains, engineers, and mates. I think Lavern said they hired 15 out of the referral stack and do not have a position left.
I would try anyway if I was looking. This is fresh off the press from Friday’s meeting.

Mtskier- I worked for Chouest for 10 years. They were an incredible company to work for. Full of Opportunities and structure. There are some incredible people working at Chouest and I miss them all the time. Another company I always considered was Otto Candies. They have very little turnover and pay well. I suppose I would work for HOS, but only if it were one of the Construction Vessels.

BTW, I am very happy at Seadrill. It has only been 9 months since I started here. A fairly new drilling company. I am on their first newbuild in the GOM. They have new rigs coming and ambitious goals of becoming a large drilling contractor.

[quote=Capt. Lee;14203]Mtskier- I worked for Chouest for 10 years. They were an incredible company to work for. Full of Opportunities and structure. There are some incredible people working at Chouest and I miss them all the time. Another company I always considered was Otto Candies. They have very little turnover and pay well. I suppose I would work for HOS, but only if it were one of the Construction Vessels.

BTW, I am very happy at Seadrill. It has only been 9 months since I started here. A fairly new drilling company. I am on their first newbuild in the GOM. They have new rigs coming and ambitious goals of becoming a large drilling contractor.[/quote]

Did you just say you missed me?..all the time?

You had me at hello!!

[B]the best lilte comapny out there Kevin [I]Gros[/I] Consulting & [I]Marine[/I] Services, Inc.[/B]

[QUOTE=cajun666;15273][B]the best lilte comapny out there Kevin [I]Gros[/I] Consulting & [I]Marine[/I] Services, Inc.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey C666, thanks for the tip. I checked out their website, but no link for employment on it. Are they hiring, and if so, which of the contacts listed would be best for inquiry?

[B]<small>Capt. A. J. (Buddy) Cantrelle, Jr. </small>[/B]

[B][U]Cassie Naquin[/U][/B]

Some times the have opening

it like any thing right palce right time