An announcement from my company of a new vessel acquisition

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;180958]Just like a deck guy to show up without the right gear for the job. I don’t give a shit about pics of a rusty windlass or watertight door. Dammit man where are the pics of the engines and machinery space?[/QUOTE]

I had my camera with a flash with me but the Navee in their superb great sense said I could only use my phone to take photos. Apparently the “regulation” they follow specifically only refers to taking photographs with a camera. SHEAR GENIUS!

btw, do y’all know where another YP is at these days?

YUP! KP has a YP named the LIBERATOR…HUZZAH!

Congratulations on the happiest day of a boat owners life! Nice lines and 24 cylinders of Screamin’ Jimmies! Hmmm, I’m thinkin’ maybe, uh, "Sea Scooter? “Super Scooter?” “Scooters Revenge”? Anyway, congrats.

I have experience that “joy” many times in my life and it is very short lived. I have no sense of thrill in this acquisition…it is strictly business

Nice lines and 24 cylinders of Screamin’ Jimmies!

I never run a Detroit over 1350rpm…keeps the screaming and fuel consumption down considerably.

Hmmm, I’m thinkin’ maybe, uh, "Sea Scooter? “Super Scooter?” “Scooters Revenge”?

she will become the r/v DAUNTLESS…SIR!

Anyway, congrats.

thanks

All the best of luck.

Good to hear, congrats on the new boat!!!

[QUOTE=Tugs;180952]I did notice that it looks like you have a couple of grounds to look for, those little grounds can be a mother to find.[/QUOTE]

elaborate please?

I’ll run it for you. $700 a day plus air fare, insurance (BCBS please), and an 8% 401k match.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;180991]I’ll run it for you. $700 a day plus air fare, insurance (BCBS please), and an 8% 401k match.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! a funny little man you are

[QUOTE=c.captain;180996]HAHA! a funny little man you are[/QUOTE]

So you’re going to be just like the bayou Jeaux Bosses and take advantage of your mariners, I see how you are.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;181001]So you’re going to be just like the bayou Jeaux Bosses and take advantage of your mariners, I see how you are.[/QUOTE]

yup! you just gots to look at the ones who preach the loudest against something to find out the ones who are really all for it. Get’s em everytime

[QUOTE=c.captain;180986]elaborate please?[/QUOTE]

When I was looking at r pictures I noticed that in a couple of shots of the Switchboards it looked like a couple of ground lights were a little dim. This would indicate a slight ground or that maybe someone put the wrong blub in it. There should be a Test Button near the Ground Lights, so if you push the button all of the lights should all look the same.

To find out where to start looking, you need to start by Turning off each breaker on the panel at a time until all of the ground lights at burning equally. Once you narrow it down to one circuit the fun begins.

[QUOTE=Tugs;181006]When I was looking at r pictures I noticed that in a couple of shots of the Switchboards it looked like a couple of ground lights were a little dim. This would indicate a slight ground or that maybe someone put the wrong blub in it. There should be a Test Button near the Ground Lights, so if you push the button all of the lights should all look the same.

To find out where to start looking, you need to start by Turning off each breaker on the panel at a time until all of the ground lights at burning equally. Once you narrow it down to one circuit the fun begins.[/QUOTE]

I only hope the engines aren’t hard to start although I am getting a good education on that one at the moment. I suppose it is good to ask here for advice on resurrecting diesels and systems that have been sitting for five years? The good news is that there has been heat into the engineroom throughout her layup.

Personally, I was only going to check the circ water impellers to make sure they were still soft and pliable and change the fuel filters. I was not going to renew lube oil or coolant.

Sailed on many YP’s during my USNR days as AOIC on midshipman cruises. Great score! Congrats.

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;181039]Sailed on many YP’s during my USNR days as AOIC on midshipman cruises. Great score! Congrats.[/QUOTE]

speaking of training, I have two ways to go with the DAUNTLESS. Get her under 200grt and not have to worry about STCW for my crewmembers or go over 200grt and be able to use her to training mariners and get them STCW qualifying seatime.

who is with each option? I think for the training time to count towards STCW would require the vessel to be navigated past the baseline which means all the way out of Puget Sound and the Straits? JDCavo, you copy?

Scooter you need to hook up with Gary on how to manage your larger vessels.

Under 200grt keep it simple

Keep it between under 200 but over 100. Sea time on over 100 gt counts toward unlimited licenses now. Before March 2014 revisions to 46 CFR it had to be over 200 gt to count toward unlimited licenses. Should be in that range without any fiddling with the numbers.

Under 200, no brainer. You don’t want to open up that STCW can of worms.

Under 200 you can still get STCW qualifying time for engineers, as long is its over 100.