I am off my nut!...c.captain is today again a vessel owner!

the ex NOAA fisheries vessel HAROLD W. STREETER…just bought her from the GSA a few minutes ago

won’t disclose exactly how much but cheap,was able to pay for her with my credit card!

Now I need moorage, insurance, USCG document and all that fun stuff!

The red tile floor contains asbestos, but I’m sure you read the survey beforehand. Just be careful with any renovations. Congrats, what are your plans with her?

You ARE a nut! Welcome to the asylum.

Let’s see some interior pics. How big is the kegerator? When is the gCaptain cruise past Kings Point? (Mooning optional)

Yeah, knew that but no bid deal. The bilges are a might oily and need a good scrubbing.

Congrats, what are your plans with her?

First is to leave her configured to do research in case I can pick up a charter or two to help pay for her maintenance. In the short term is to either rebuild or replace the genset, add a radar, do a full renovation of the interior and then paint her on the outside. Likely do a haul out this fall sometime. I may someday fit her with troll polls and gurdies for possible salmon trolling in the future off the west coasts (one of my hobby business ideas) Also, another longterm option is to extend the house back another dozen or so feet into the cockpit and make a proper salon for her. Ultimate plan is to use her for Inside Passage explorations all the way North to Alaska.

[QUOTE=c.captain;109500]Yeah, knew that but no bid deal. The bilges are a might oily and need a good scrubbing.

First is to leave her configured to do research in case I can pick up a charter or two to help pay for her maintenance. In the short term is to either rebuild or replace the genset, add a radar, do a full renovation of the interior and then paint her on the outside. Likely do a haul out this fall sometime. I may someday fit her with troll polls and gurdies for possible salmon trolling in the future off the west coasts (one of my hobby business ideas) Also, another longterm option is to extend the house back another dozen or so feet into the cockpit and make a proper salon for her. Ultimate plan is to use her for Inside Passage explorations all the way North to Alaska.[/QUOTE]

That sounds really nice. Good luck with her!

I have not owned a vessel since the late 80’s…shows how I am steadily slipping into a weird and life destroying form of dementia buying old trucks and cars and now 51 year old boats! I should invest my money for my retirement but instead keep buying more and more old shit!

Let’s see some interior pics. How big is the kegerator? When is the gCaptain cruise past Kings Point? (Mooning optional)

pics are going to have to come in the future when I go down to move her. The kegerator is as big as a house…do you see the size of those booms on her? You can rig yard and stay with them and load aboard by the pallet load!

Sadly, using her for my dream of a night raid on KP is going to be problematic being that she is on the wrong side of the continent yet my dreams will never die. Btw, the least of KP’s worries would be that we only moon them! I say shellfire is more appropriate! Add my ship now to the Command and Control Vehicle and Steve McGarrett Stealth Mobile and I am set to raise insurrections and then vaporize into the hinterland while the authorities search in vain for me. Just need a 20mm Oerlikon to mount on her in case anyone’s got an extra one lying around.

Much as the traditions say not to, I need to a rename for her. Can’t have that name for my ship. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

You’re crazy! But she looks nice, congrats!

You can sneak attack’em, but you need the $$ for a boat transport. I think that boat will fit nicely on a flatbed.

Then you can get’em on graduation day.

A KP raid would be the ultimate irony considering you bought her off the Federal Govt.

How about. “The c.Queen”

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;109505]You’re crazy! But she looks nice, congrats![/QUOTE]

Thanks…too bad she is under 100grt because if she was, I could use her to sign off mariner’s assessments. I only would charge a nominal fee in whiskey for my services to my fellow mariners.

It would be more ironic if I bought her from MarAd!

How about. “The c.Queen”

by jove, you’re on the right track there I believe…how about the C. WARRIOR PRINCESS tho?

Give me a call and I will come move her with a mini tug for you ;).

I think the Titan Uranus is a fitting name. Call me if you need a crew…

[QUOTE=c.captain;109492]the ex NOAA fisheries vessel HAROLD W. STREETER…just bought her from the GSA a few minutes ago

won’t disclose exactly how much but cheap,was able to pay for her with my credit card!

Now I need moorage, insurance, USCG document and all that fun stuff![/QUOTE]

She looks like the perfect vessel for your plans so, congratulations, you’re not totally off your rocker (well, unless she is made of something like ferrocement or wood… but you wouldn’t be dumb enough to buy a wooden boat… would you?)

[QUOTE=john;109514]but you wouldn’t be dumb enough to buy a wooden boat… would you?)[/QUOTE]

what are you insinuating sir? You have a problem with “real” boats? PT boats were built of wood too you know!

Looks like a great cruising boat if you decide to do that with her. Congrats!

We’re gonna need a bigger boat! How can we get down south to harass Watson in that? Maybe we can get as far OZ or NZ and harass them at the dock. I’m sure we can figure where Zena’s island fortress is located though. This will require lots of scanning the beaches until we hit pay dirt.

Tremendous potential here if you’re into the old timey style (as I certainly am). She’s designed by the very notable naval architect Ed Monk Sr. and built in Bellingham, WA at Weldcraft Marine. Here’s the specs & a stern view for you to oogle!

GSA A1QSCI-13-091, LOT 501 VESSEL, TRAWLER, 45 FT: (130582-3037-0001)

The Harold W. Streeter is an Ed Monk designed trawler that was built in 1962 at
Weldcraft Marine in Bellingham, WA. Overall length of vessel (Approx): 45 Ft; Max Beam (Approx): 14 Ft;
Max Draft (Approx): 5 Ft; Displacement (Approx): 16 Tons. Hull is Oak framed with Fir planks. Main
engine: Single Detroit Diesel Inline 6-71, 8500 hours, 600 gallon single fuel tank. Balmar
Alternator 140Amps, 24VDC. Auxiliary generator: Onan 8kW, 11,107 hours. Generator does not
start and needs repair or replacement. Vessel includes two booms (Main: 1600lb SWL,
Auxillary: 800lb SWL) on back deck as well as a Gearmatic hydraulic winch, with a capacity of
approximately 1200 Ft of 5/16” wire or line, for trawling or other over-the-side work. Winch
also includes auxiliary winch with a capacity of approximately 400 Ft of 1/4” line or wire. No
wire or line is currently on either winch. Water tanks (Approx): 100 gallons; Black Water Tank
(Approx): 50 gallons. Vessel had a major electrical overhaul in the winter of 2009-2010
converting systems to 24V from 32V and removing old wire. Bottom painting and other general
maintenance completed every two years during haul-out. Last haul-out was Fall 2010. Vessel
includes following electronics: Furuno GPS (GP 80), Standard Horizon VHF (Eclipse+), Simrad
Sounder (EQ44), Simrad Autopilot (Robertson AP20 & AP22) and ACR AIS (Nauticast 2). No
radar included. Auxiliary steering station is located on flying bridge. Safety gear included: 1
Elliot Liferaft : Manufactured 2002, 10 person capacity (needs annual inspection); 5 Immersion
Suits; 10 Stearns Type 1 Life Jackets. No EPIRB included. Berthing for 4 people in forward
cabin. Full galley with Dickonson Adriatic diesel stove (has not been used in 3 years),
24VDC/110VAC refrigerator, sink, and microwave. Dinette for 4 people. Dinette can convert
into a bed as well. Aft portion of main cabin was used as lab space and includes counter space
and a sink. Head located in forward cabin and includes Vacu-Flush toilet and a sink. Vessel
needs some repairs. Mold has been found in the aft lazarette, however increasing ventilation
has decreased the amount of mold seen in the space. Recently, a very small amount of water
has been noticed in the bilges after rain storms. The location of this leak is unknown, but most
likely coming from deck around cabin, as water is not seen in aft lazarette. Some fasteners in
frame-to-beam locations and near the rudder post need to be inspected and replaced as
necessary due to corrosion. Some soft wood is present near aft portion of cabin under steps, as
well as some water seepage in the transom above the water line. Also, as noted above,
generator is inoperable. Vessel has not been outside of Puget Sound or Canadian Inside
Passage waters for last 15 years. Engine does run and has been run every few months since Oct
2011, but vessel has not left the dock.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;109520]We’re gonna need a bigger boat! How can we get down south to harass Watson in that? Maybe we can get as far OZ or NZ and harass them at the dock. I’m sure we can figure where Zena’s island fortress is located though. This will require lots of scanning the beaches until we hit pay dirt.[/QUOTE]

Indeed…we’ll need Bigeye Binocs for Poontang Patrol!

Now, where are those topless babes?

Speaking of topless…I need a topless Xena figurehead carved! Any leads for good woodcarvers who work that kind of magic from you’se mugs?

[QUOTE=c.captain;109523]Indeed…we’ll need Bigeye Binocs for Poontang Patrol!

Now, where are those topless babes?[/QUOTE]

Right here sonny!!