AMPA, They really want you to sign up!

So I was browsing though my old college email account when I found something interesting. I’ll Just leave this here. I’m very interested to hear what everyone thinks considering this was recently a big topic of discussion.

[ATTACH]4229[/ATTACH]

Edit: I really have to learn how to attach pictures in this forum.

your image isn’t viewable but I want to see it…is it from their website?

Calling BS on the “nationwide shipping board with seagoing and shore jobs.” I don’t think that photocopies of the back 3 pages of workboat, professional mariner, and marine log magazines qualifies as such.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;161457]Calling BS on the “nationwide shipping board with seagoing and shore jobs.” I don’t think that photocopies of the back 3 pages of workboat, professional mariner, and marine log magazines qualifies as such.[/QUOTE]

I see they show how to get a free student membership…perhaps a few thousand of us suddenly become students tonight and overload their server with applications

we all have to use aliases though…mine will be Percy D. Cocksucker, USMMA band company Kings Point, NY

[QUOTE=c.captain;161462]I see they show how to get a free student membership…perhaps a few thousand of us suddenly become students tonight and overload their server with applications

we all have to use aliases though…mine will be Percy D. Cocksucker, USMMA band company Kings Point, NY[/QUOTE]

Clearly Jack is taking his business model from the cable tv companies. Suck them in with attractive pricing and then get them next year. I give Jack a little credit for this weasel maneuver. It might work for a bit. I may sign up as Michael Hunt USMMA Regimental Commander…

Great alias Percy! Unfortunately if you don’t play the Shiny Brass Skin Flute or have a buddy in Joe’s ear jobs are few and far between.

Worst case take a Mass Maritime Look. No password required like those other "fine"institutions.

http://www.maritime.edu/apps/jobshopper/findjobs.cfm?catID=5

All the jobs are from INDEED.com you will have a better time googling something or knocking on doors with this shit. Cheers

[QUOTE=Irish Pennant;161489]All the jobs are from INDEED.com you will have a better time googling something or knocking on doors with this shit. Cheers[/QUOTE]

I checked it out. Pretty lame, I doubt Jack will change it from Indeed to something else. I am sure there is some website design company that he hired to do that. I do see though that they put his smiling face front and center. I do wonder how many cadets are going in on this. I am almost tempted to crank call the phone numbers listed on the email just for entertainment.

Shit it would be well worth the 72 bucks if they could actually get you employee pricing on Ford, Nissan and Mazda and you were in the market. That claim could be outright fraud and can be grounds for getting them shut down.

[QUOTE=Jason Z;161590]Shit it would be well worth the 72 bucks if they could actually get you employee pricing on Ford, Nissan and Mazda and you were in the market. That claim could be outright fraud and can be grounds for getting them shut down.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at Edmunds and Consumer Reports to find out about “Employee Pricing”. It isn’t always what it is cracked up to be. You might be able to do better some other places…

Is this AMPA the union represented by this c.captain fellow? Is this the union stirring up trouble down in the GoM? Are Mr. Hearn and c.captain one and the same?

Yes you’ve finally put it together. If I were you I would bring my full weight down on him and crush this before it festers.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161592]Is this AMPA the union represented by this c.captain fellow? Is this the union stirring up trouble down in the GoM? Are Mr. Hearn and c.captain one and the same?[/QUOTE]
Man you are smoking some good stuff there. I guess you don’t do drug tests since you own the company. Read some of the previous posts.

Geez… these trolls

I actually did look into it because I do happen to be in the market for a new truck. Depending on the model it’s anywhere between 3-7 g’s off, below invoice. Bigger discount on 2014’s than 2015’s. It’s still prob just a gimmick where you may be able to get the same price by haggling but it saves you the effort I guess. I’d try haggling first then tell them you have employee pricing and see what that does. I bet it’ll save you at least 72 bucks though.

[QUOTE=Zep;161620]I actually did look into it because I do happen to be in the market for a new truck. Depending on the model it’s anywhere between 3-7 g’s off, below invoice. Bigger discount on 2014’s than 2015’s. It’s still prob just a gimmick where you may be able to get the same price by haggling but it saves you the effort I guess. I’d try haggling first then tell them you have employee pricing and see what that does. I bet it’ll save you at least 72 bucks though.[/QUOTE]

In that case its worth looking into, but in many cases you can get a deal through some MFG’s by being a Costco member and other shit. My wife actually just got a decent deal due to her employer. We broke manager and salespeople’s balls for what seemed like HOURS then found out we got pretty much the same deal by her saying who she works for. Not all car companies are the same but I’d expect it with ford/gm/chryslerdodgejeep. You can do similiar deals through consumer reports etc, I’d rather give my money to ANYONE else rather than this group.

My military brother also got some kind of deal through USAA… just because it was a good deal, not promoting that group either.

[QUOTE=Zep;161620]I actually did look into it because I do happen to be in the market for a new truck. Depending on the model it’s anywhere between 3-7 g’s off, below invoice. Bigger discount on 2014’s than 2015’s. It’s still prob just a gimmick where you may be able to get the same price by haggling but it saves you the effort I guess. I’d try haggling first then tell them you have employee pricing and see what that does. I bet it’ll save you at least 72 bucks though.[/QUOTE]

Ah Jack-Zep is back again, trying to get members. 3-7 below invoice? I call bullshirt. Employee pricing is invoice minus holdback

So holdback is at most 3% of MSRP. On say a $50,000 car that would be 1,500.

Not a bad deal but once again, it can be found without paying $72 to Jack

Once again Zep-Jack, you are full of crap

we all need to salute the inestimable Captain Jack Hearn, USM&Ms with a very loud raspberry for his LAME and USELESS association.

If you read this forum Jack, we all want to express our gratitude for the comedy you provide us with your patent idiocy…you are truly a master of the craft

for your services to the American mariner community, you are awarded this year’s Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS Lifetime Buffoonery Achievement Award…Bravo Zulu to you SIR!

Congratulations!! Somebody figured out how to use google!! Call bullshit all you want but I actually called…wait for it… The dealership!!! Surprisingly, the guy was actually pretty nice. As it was explained to me, there are different levels of employee pricing. Salespeople might get a different discount than factory workers or mechanics or their family. Though they are all covered under ‘employee pricing’. I mean if I worked there id be kinda irked if I couldn’t get a better deal than any average Joe walking in off the street, or someone with a Costco membership. So as I said before, depending on the make/model/year your looking for the guy told me usually 3-7k off.

It seems to me that the guys doing the most shit talking have some kind of personal resentment towards the guy that started this thing. One of the other guys who started it posted something here, I don’t see anyone callin his name. I’d be curious to see what your opinion was if the leaders were anonymous like gcaptain. All I ever said was to keep an open mind. Also, I think it’s hilarious when a few of you go off on rants, shit talking and demanding responses from people like you’re somebody worth giving a fuck about. I guarantee if you were in a room with any of the guys you’ve called out on here you’d eat your own dick.

And seriously man, zep-jack?? Cause anyone who disagrees with you guys must be jack?
Typical gcaptain, just more idiots saying idiot things cause they’re idiots. Not everyone though, but most of them, and all it takes is most of them.

[QUOTE=z-drive;161622] My military brother also got some kind of deal through USAA… just because it was a good deal, not promoting that group either.[/QUOTE]

That deal is available to all USAA members. It works even better if you keep USAA in loop if your purchase, as a call from USAA directly MAY get you a further discount. At least, it worked for me when my wife bought a Subaru.

Just out of sheer curiosity, ain’t you a member too?

Edit: Got curious and called USAA, to find out siblings ain’t eligible (I thought that they were). Sorry for asking the stupid ? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Zep;161671]
Typical gcaptain, just more idiots saying idiot things cause they’re idiots. Not everyone though, but most of them, and all it takes is most of them.[/QUOTE]

You got that part right just see your post. If you don’t like it here, leave and never post again.

I think it is hilarious that it is just you defending AMPA. You may or may not be Jack. Everything you have said or done on this forum adds up to either you being Jack or being someone who is close to him.