All Hail Trump, the greatest weather forecaster ever

Point of fact: Vanity Fair published the following article

by William Langewische. The award-winning William Langewische also wrote “The Crash of EgyptAir 990” and “The Outlaw Sea”.

2 Likes

I’ll vote for Trumpy again even though he’s not a good Weatherman.

2 Likes

How long are the TDS folks going to milk this one? It’s been over a week.

It is now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably for as long as the poor sufferers of Hillary-Benghazi Fever moan through their own hallucinations… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I really think that @Kennebec_Captain hit it on his earlier post. The problem was that he was using a forecast map which was three days old and not just simply admitting the forecast had changed and he had misspoke. When the president is on TV telling the American people faulty information to satisfy his ego, we have a big problem. The coverage afterwards (particularly on CNN) was sophomoric and not needed, but the core “emperor has no clothes” part of the outrage was very on point. I am not a fan of trump but I was shaking my head at how they couldn’t let it go for two fucking days.

Also, whichever party you subscribe to, or whatever way you lean, I think we can all agree that politics should stay the hell out of our national weather forecasting apparatus. If half of what is being reported went on between secretary Ross and the higher ups at NOAA after this dust up began is true, we are already at banana republic status. These are meteorologists who are trying to do their best to warn people of major weather events. They have every right to go on record if the president is not reporting their forecasts correctly. It’s not like they wouldn’t be thrown under the bus by this administration if they didn’t.

Now I will wait for this thread to be put on lockdown.

5 Likes

Yeah, we’re circling the drain. How do we stop it? Allow the opposition abolish the borders and offer free everything to “immigrants” who show up with nothing but their dick in their hand?

2 Likes

The result of electing a …

1 Like

Funny meme maybe but what’s the solution.

1 Like

Revoke Citizens United for a start.

Prohibit anyone who cannot vote for a candidate from contributing to a campaign or candidate. Limit all contributions to $500 in cash or kind and only from registered voters who are eligible to vote for the recipient of the contribution. Limit candidate personal funding to the same amount, no more billionaires buying elections.

Prohibit corporations from participating in elections in any manner whatsoever.

Eliminate the electoral college.

6 Likes

No, I don’t agree with that either, but what part of the political retribution for scientists doing their jobs has anything to do with that? There are a lot of things that are positives and negatives with any presidential administration but this one is really, really negative. Just step back and think of your reaction if Obama did it.

DAMN!..With all of this pissing and moaning, I wish I had the TDS BUTT-HURT CREAM concession for this thread!:rofl:

1 Like

[quote=“DamnYankee, post:32, topic:52644”]
Trump may have support for his keeping campaign promises, or at least trying but I agree, he is a negative force.
As to what is the truth with the Alabama thing, is it worth pursuing impeachment?

1 Like

Absolutely not

Chuckling at some of the drama-queen responses here. “The country is going to hell!” I’ve heard that my whole long life. Guess what: it just gets stronger over the long run, so I’ll go with that.

If you’re going to run a republic for 243 years you’re going to have expect good presidents and bad. Best thing in my view is don’t get attached to any of them. Treat them as hirelings. When they do more bad than good vote them out.

2 Likes

Giggles the sweat-soaked victim of Hillary-Benghazi Fever uncontrollably as he staggers into sickbay…:wink:

It’s been working so far but that’s no guarantee for the future.

Future guarantees:
The next election is the most important election of your life. And so is the next one…
Every high school graduation class is the brightest group of kids ever.
Everyone in the obituary pages was a goddamned saint.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone can argue that the country is in decline without being called out as alarmist.

2 Likes