500 mate NC

All of our tugs are under 200GRT and we have inland tow boats and some tugs that go Near-Coastal but stay national routes. I am wondering when going for my 500 mate NC do I need OINCW and the assessments, BRM, Medical care provider, and RFPNW or are these prerequisite classes only required if you travel internationally? I am working on AFF and RADU. Thanks

No, the 500 ton mate and the OICNW are separate. The 500 ton mate is a prerequisite for OICNW but not the other way around.

Also, as long as you’re working on an exempt vessel on domestic near coastal routes you can legally operate the vessel without OICNW.