3rd Mate to Master 1600

I have a guy that wants to upgrade from 3rd Mate Unlimited to 1600 Master. What are the requirements to do this??

Whenever he/she applies for 2nd, and is approved, they can take a 70 question cross-over and be issued a 2nd mate/1600 ton master.

So basically, being a 2nd Mate lets you do the cross over.

the NMC had allot of trouble understanding the 3rd Mate to 1600 Master Upgrade. I have a feeling the persol that was assigned to me just didn’t get it. If had had to do it over i would just submit my seatime for 2nd Mate unlimited and once that came I would start the process for tarking the crossover exam so that i could add the 1600 ton master to it.

It would have been less of a hassel if i would have done it that way instead of trying to get the 2nd Mate unlimited and 1600 ton master at the same time. Anyway your situation my not encounter the same NMC brain farts that mine did.

[QUOTE=ConsultantG;16772]I have a guy that wants to upgrade from 3rd Mate Unlimited to 1600 Master. What are the requirements to do this??[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait a minute there ConsultantG. Are you a consultant that gets paid to answer these questions?
Dang it! I oughta hang that shingle myself. OK folks, step right up and let me read your fortune, er, requirements…