200GT Mate

Im going to upgrade my license to 200GT Master soon and was wondering if it its pointless to also get Mate 200GT along with it? Both will be near-coastal routes.

Just make sure you also get 500 gt ITC

Why do you think having mate on there would help you at all? The coast guard won’t issue it, by the way.

Thats my point exactly i just wasnt sure. Ill just go for 200GT/500ITC Master then.

Does the 500ITC need to be requested with the aplication or does it just ride with the with the 200 ton Masters?

I don’t know. Good rule of thumb with the nmc, ask for everything, never assume something is automatic.

Cant get 500ITC without STCW. Just went to REC.

Can you clarifly how much STCW, BST + or just BST?

STCW. STCW is international. ITC tonnage is international. You cant get an ITC license if you don’t have the STCW first.

LOL… not totaly true…

I dont have STCW, but I have ITC tonnage.

Dont ask me how, they just put it on there when I upgraded a few years ago.

[QUOTE=Clear Solution;66711]LOL… not totaly true…

I dont have STCW, but I have ITC tonnage.

Dont ask me how, they just put it on there when I upgraded a few years ago.[/QUOTE]
Well I went to the REC yesterday and the guy told me STCW needed for 500ITC.

I could see having itc tonnage on a domestic only license. Boats are starting to be made with only itc measurement, even though they don’t go foreign. It should be included on all licenses for that reason but the cfrs don’t keep up with the times.

if you are going through the ‘trouble’ to get a license, why not spend the extra 850 to 1000 bucks and get STCW? You will be MUCH more employable over a wider scope of employers.