200 Ton/500 Ton ITC Looking to move up...anyone got a line on jobs?

I just upgraded my license to a 200 ton/500 ton ITC. I got BST, Radar, Flashing Light, will have BRM the first of August. I’m trying to get the hell out of this mom & pop hell I’ve been stuck in for 2 years. Anyone got a line on anything right now?

If you have you toar and ny harbour receny in towing barges apply at bouchard

[QUOTE=sirius proof there is …;70352]If you have you toar and ny harbour receny in towing barges apply at bouchard[/QUOTE]

Looks like he is from Florida, so scratch off the recency part. Looking for Bouchard employees on a Memorial day Sirius?
That’s what I call dedication!

:smiley:

Whats the feeling at Bouchard for bringing someone in to work as an AB and develop them into wheelhouse personnel?

Stay away from Bouchard, especially if he’s going into the Harbor for the first time. Real good people working there but what a whack job Morty is. Just look around this site for some insight. It’s all true and worse. The only way working at Bouchard is do-able, is if a guy is single has no bills and does not need job security.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;70354]Whats the feeling at Bouchard for bringing someone in to work as an AB and develop them into wheelhouse personnel?[/QUOTE]

Sirius proof there is… would have the best direct answer to this question, but from the rumor mill from the AB’s, is that Bouchard has done away with the Mate training programs entirely.

also a new hire has to go though the 90 day evaluation process just like everyone else, and also there is a line so you need to get a ticket, get in back of the line and wait awhile :smiley:

Morty wants them to be deckhands at Bouchard for 5 years before you can steer

No towing…just workboats in the gulf

Resume for ideal AB for quick advacement to wheelhouse

500 ton mate nc

Radar observer
Mate of towing
Fcc operator
Gmdss
Vso

2yrs deckhand exp on wire tugs
Familiarity with ports operating in

Define “quick”.

Quick depends on experience

Yeah but if you already have a mate of towing what’s the point

Exactly i could see them starting a qualified guy as a training mate whos whole reasoning for being on the boat is to get used to operating the boat and working with the barge. If you put a qualified guy on there as an AB then he is on deck when all of the important stuff is going on up in the wheelhouse. you may say “well he can go up their during his off watch time” but he still will likely be on deck when he is off watch.

My understanding is if you do become a training mate you don’t go on deck

But most companies don’t hire “training mates”, they will make you be an AB, which is the point of the post you replied to.

Spoke to GOL recently and if you have a DPO they are hiring with big bucks. No DPO here so no luck

[QUOTE=nolacapt;70682]Spoke to GOL recently and if you have a DPO they are hiring with big bucks. No DPO here so no luck[/QUOTE]

Actually one of my guests got hired on with GOL and no DP.
He was trained for DP by GOL about a month later.
He is working as a 500 ton Capt with DP and VERY HAPPY!!!
Each person is different; if a company wants you they will do what it takes.
Believe in yourself and make it happen!
Keep a positive outlook.