1600 Captain OSV Jobs?

Anyone have any leads on OSV jobs? I have been with the same company in the Gulf the past 4.5 years & was recently laid off in March. I have searched & searched without much luck. Any feedback is appreciated

[QUOTE=captainreyn;54540]Anyone have any leads on OSV jobs? I have been with the same company in the Gulf the past 4.5 years & was recently laid off in March. I have searched & searched without much luck. Any feedback is appreciated[/QUOTE]

Hit the doors. Don’t call. With your credentials and experience you should have no problem, but you will have to be persistent. Remember there is a fine line between persistent and annoying. I always find the boat companies respond better to a warm body standing in front of them. The drilling contractors just call security, when you show up in person.

If you have the full DP Certificate Hornbeck is hiring.

[QUOTE=captainreyn;54540]Anyone have any leads on OSV jobs? I have been with the same company in the Gulf the past 4.5 years & was recently laid off in March. I have searched & searched without much luck. Any feedback is appreciated[/QUOTE]

Andrie Inc. on the Great Lakes is hiring mates as of a month ago. Travel pay. 4 and 2, but I’ve heard they’re readjusting their staffing to accommodate a 4 and 4, but you get laid off in winter.

I’ve worked for them for 3 hitches and don’t have anything bad to say about them.

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up using Seaport Marine, a crewing agency that got me my last job 5 years ago. I landed on a new DP OSV. Great people to deal with if anyone is looking. Jobs are hard to come by, good jobs even harder!