100 ton masters pay rates

I currently hold a 100 ton masters near coastal, with assist. tow endorsement. I have been working in nj on the ocean county pump out boats for a while and its been a while since I have worked for anyone but the county. I remeber running a 85ton head boat and they were paying 300 for a 5 hr trip. I am currently looking for a job running either a tour boat, ferry, or a fishing vessel. Can anyone help me with what the current pay rates are in the industry at this time? I dont want to ask for too much money, or wind up getting screwed by a company for too little pay. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Capt. Greg

Greg, the commercial aspect of the industry is in shambles right now, due to this thats an almost impossible question to answer. Depends what industry. Ive been fortunent as ive been working for the same family on their priv yacht for years now. I know a bunch of very respected capts that have had to find jobs else where because there just arent any jobs out there. As from what youve mentioned it seems to me that you should look into advancing your endoresments and or lic. Capts with 100 ton near coastal are a dime a dozen down here in s.fla, im sure its true for most places. You have to make yourself standout by advancing. A good start for you would be your STCW endoresment, this is a basic starting point. Hope this helps.

I have been working in nj on the ocean county pump out

Did not get those pics

NYC maybe? There are hundreds of smaller boats running around there, the have the dinner boats like the Spirit, all the NY Waterways taxis, Circle line, ect.

Greg,
Go to the Passenger Vessel Association’s(PVA) website, it is a trade group of all the passenger vessel operators across the country, east coast, west coast, rivers, you get the picture. The group represents all sectors of the passenger industry, dinner excursion, fishing, ferries, sight seeing, etc. You can even post your resume there for all the companies to see. Good luck!!
On a side note, you might want to consider changing your moniker, from my experience anyone who uses captain in their name generally has a bigger ego than license. Just my 2 cents. Again, hope this helps and good luck.

[QUOTE=cajuntugster;60462]
On a side note, you might want to consider changing your moniker, from my experience anyone who uses captain in their name generally has a bigger ego than license. Just my 2 cents. Again, hope this helps and good luck.[/QUOTE]

That is impossible in my case because they are both UNLIMITED!!!

Lee,
Notice I said Generally. You are obviously one of the exceptions to the rule.

There are cases where the ego outruns the license, even should the license read astronaut and rocket scientist.
We just suffer the fools gently, usually.
Tengineer

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;60471]That is impossible in my case because they are both UNLIMITED!!![/QUOTE]

Now, you are actually the Captain and it fits.

[QUOTE=anchorman;60520]Now, you are actually the Captain and it fits.[/QUOTE]

I knew I would get there one day!

IUOE Local 25 supplies boatmen for dredging, cable, pipe laying projects.
Current rate for 100 ton boatman $28.49 x 40 hrs = $1139.60
most jobs work 12 hr days 7 days a week so that’s 44 hrs OT x $42.73 = $1880.34
Hourly total for 84 hour week $3019.94
Non taxable subsistence $35 X 7 days = $245
Total = $3264.94

Also benefits include, Excellent Medical Plan, IUOE Central Pension Fund (defined benefits pension payment), 401K contributions by company, Vacation Pay.

What is the location.for this position?

[QUOTE=Capt.Felix;60626]What is the location.for this position?[/QUOTE]

umm… dun DUNT [B][U]DUUUUUNN[/U][/B] !

Thannk you sir…

Why don’t you ask them? http://iuoelocal25.org/

I did ^, thanks.

Just be aware with local 25 not all the companies pay over time that way. Great Lakes is really weird about their pay. You get 44 hours one week. 84 hours one week then 40 hours on your week off.

[QUOTE=EbbTide;60616]IUOE Local 25 supplies boatmen for dredging, cable, pipe laying projects.
Current rate for 100 ton boatman $28.49 x 40 hrs = $1139.60
most jobs work 12 hr days 7 days a week so that’s 44 hrs OT x $42.73 = $1880.34
Hourly total for 84 hour week $3019.94
Non taxable subsistence $35 X 7 days = $245
Total = $3264.94

Also benefits include, Excellent Medical Plan, IUOE Central Pension Fund (defined benefits pension payment), 401K contributions by company, Vacation Pay.[/QUOTE]
Ww
Could someone be so kind as to update these rates to 2015? Also could you provide a link for looking at contracts? Thanks…

[QUOTE=Captg;60336]I currently hold a 100 ton masters near coastal, with assist. tow endorsement. I have been working in nj on the ocean county pump out boats for a while and its been a while since I have worked for anyone but the county. I remeber running a 85ton head boat and they were paying 300 for a 5 hr trip. I am currently looking for a job running either a tour boat, ferry, or a fishing vessel. Can anyone help me with what the current pay rates are in the industry at this time? I dont want to ask for too much money, or wind up getting screwed by a company for too little pay. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Capt. Greg[/QUOTE]

Capt Greg,
There are unlimited masters in the GOM, whose jobs are in jeopardy. As if US shipping wasn’t suffering enough, right? You need to follow your passion & ride this out. In the meantime, work on upping your credentials.