1 Down 23 To Go

[ATTACH]2960[/ATTACH]
They could get some wicker fenders. Cheap, light, reliable and biodegradable.

I passed a Chouest boat the other day and it looked like tires weren’t hanging by chains so that’s a huge plus

I wish, HOS definitely has the fendering I want. Hard to get it caught up on anything, no shackles to come un-pinned

Would be nice if there were a little more on the stern. Unless you are totally flat coming in, you never hit the rubber first.

There is a better shot for discussing the fender attachments.

The only problem with finders is if they do get ripped it’s off to the dry dock to get the fixed. With tires you just find some old 747 tires, slap some chains on it and throw it over the side. If you really need all four corners chained down pump everything off and jump in a skiff.

Plus the big reason that tires are used is because they are sacrificial, they get hung up and you rip one off no big deal chap to fix, with the fenders when they get ripped off metal usually comes with it, so you have to re-fab the brackets and buy new fendering that has to be fitted. Never mind the dry dock and ship yard labor to put it on and cost of the down time to fix it.

Granted they will probobly last longer on an OSV then the boat I was on the used them that was constantly coming along ships for mooring operations.

We were making the fenders out of old dunnage. Now we can’t use fenders at all because they damage the rub rails they say. The tires usually are above the rail, which causes metal to metal contact down the whole hull.

I’m on board with a fellow right now who’s philosophy is…

" I don’t use the tires as a fender, they’re more of a brake pad to me."

We’ve damaged a fender here and there over the years. We never had to go to dry dock for repairs most of the time we come in light the bottom of the fender is even with the dock or close there abouts. Several times we just order new pins and reattach the rubber part.

Got the z-drives installed and the bridge module mounted this week.

Looking sharp!

Ok, maybe I do want to work on a Hos Max instead of a super 200. Doh, going to have to upgrade!!

Still plugging away!

They really are a bridge welded onto a barge aren’t they.
Doesn’t anyone have a plate forming machine in the US?

GOM standard, built & designed with a framing square.

[QUOTE=rshrew;101706]GOM standard, built & designed with a framing square.[/QUOTE]
Now I know why when the foreigners come they bring their own boats

Weren’t they designed by STX which is an international design firm?

I believe they are Canadian!

[QUOTE=PR-9;102551]I believe they are Canadian![/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe!