225ft. Crewboat delivered

GOL has taken delivery of the Ms. Netty. A 225x36 fast supply boat. Powered by four 3,000hp caterpillar mains with Hamilton jet drives. Speeds in excess of 33 knots were made during sea trials. It’s also equipped with Beier Radios DP-2 system. Boat was built by Gulfcraft out of Patterson La. I believe they’ve signed a 3 year contract with Hess to work out of Cameron La. It’s a monster of a crewboat.

//youtu.be/haP70PyBnx4

Man that’s a hoss!

Man that is nice. I would love to run her.

Looks like an OSV and a crew boat had a baby!!!

We’re supposed to have 3 more under construction as of now.

Was GOL able to keep those things under 100 tons?

And I’m with Capt. Lee, I would love to run that thing, and I HATE running crew boats.

They should have put a drop down bow thruster on her though. But I think every boat that has DP should have one.

I just saw her in Fourchon. Man that’s a monster of a crew boat.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;64604]Was GOL able to keep those things under 100 tons?

[/QUOTE]

Wow! According to the database of USCG documented vessels, the GRT is 89 tons!

Yes it’s a very nice boat. I probably would’ve brought it out if I hadn’t upgraded. After running OSVs for the past year though I don’t miss crewboats no matter how big they get. Plus with the recent pay increase for OSVs I doubt I ever will.

I just want to see someone wake boarding behind it.

so your telling me the minimum manning for that is four people? that is freaking insane… I hope the coast guard puts a end to this type of stuff.

Probably so. I haven’t seen the C.O.I. but doubt they added any manning requirements. GOL does man their larger crewboats with more than the minimum required though due to the need of having riggers on board.

If it is DP2 there will be automatically 2 additional officers in the wheelhouse.

Only if the company it’s working for requires them. USCG makes no regulations concerning DP and manning.

[QUOTE=CaptB;64663]Probably so. I haven’t seen the C.O.I. but doubt they added any manning requirements. GOL does man their larger crewboats with more than the minimum required though due to the need of having riggers on board.[/QUOTE]
I ran a 180 foot jet boat for gulfmark and our crew was six people it was a almost to small a crew to keep that boat up with all the systems. Lets not even mention the fact that the captains are also the engineers. Thats unbelievable that they pulled that off.

Glad to see speeds up to 33 knots! But what ever happened to the talk, years back, of some fast-ferryclones being built as crew boats for the gulf?

I wonder how many of those long baskets would fit on the back of that thing?

[QUOTE=orangejulius;64674]I ran a 180 foot jet boat for gulfmark and our crew was six people it was a almost to small a crew to keep that boat up with all the systems. Lets not even mention the fact that the captains are also the engineers. Thats unbelievable that they pulled that off.[/QUOTE]

OHH HELL NO!!!

Gulfmark is to big a company to require captains to maintain the engine room. Lord knows they can pay a decent unlicensed engineer $300 a day like several other companies. Fuck maintaining the engine room on a crew boat that rivals and in many ways surpasses the engine room of work boats.

Seacor built 2 of the Swath hulls that did like 40+ knots but they got sent to Africa, so know body knows how they would do in the Gulf. I think the cost to build, day rate, speed increase just really doesn’t work out at the end of the day.

[QUOTE=john;64678]Glad to see speeds up to 33 knots! But what ever happened to the talk, years back, of some fast-ferryclones being built as crew boats for the gulf?[/QUOTE]
I worked with surface effect vessels in the early '80s. They exceeded 30knts. Also I remember seeing a cat crewboat on the blocks at Halter in Pascagoula. I believe Seacor bought it.