Yachting industry

Yes, it is lonely for a hawsepiper in her 20’s on a commercial vessel. That is why if you ever went on the yachting forums, you would see that when young deckhands and unlicensed engineers inquire about it, most of the time some yacht captains that were formally commercial will chime in and warn them against it.

That is why you normally don’t see any hot unlicensed anything on commericial boats. They tend to stay where they are.

And for the record, I don’t give two S%^# about making friends on an online forum.

There’s are article out there somewhere called 20 f’s you stop giving when your a grown ass woman.

One of them was giving an F what people think.

I’ll tell my wife about that article. She will be disappointed someone beat her to it.

This thread is worthless without pictures. TTIWWOP

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182135]This thread is worthless without pictures. TTIWWOP[/QUOTE]

Go find the yachting forums. Some of the girls post their pictures. Quite a few of them anyway. They will talk about working as engineers(qmeds), switching to deck, going shoreside etc.

You will have to find the forums yourself. I think I have already given enough free information on here to ingraedos who dont deserve it.

There wasnt that many of them when I first got into it, but since I left there has been an influx of them…my arrogant side likes to think that my presence in the industry might have had something to with it. I used to walk onto yachts and some stewardesses would be shocked, jaws dropped when they saw me walk in and start doing the work. The ones I talked to, I told them anyone could do it…that the only thing stoping them was their own misconception of what anyone could do. I was actually a little bit famous for a short time in my region (not gcaptain famous) but job offers left and right. Silly me thought I would make more money in the gulf (which turned out not to be true). Anyway, they are out there now. A whole bunch of them. Its a common path stewardess>deckhand>engineer or stewardess>deckhand>engineer>captain.

So there you have it johnny.dollar, if you are single (or unhappily attached) and you want your engineering seatime towards your STCW, go work on a yacht. You will go both your seatime and most likely meet a pretty girl.

I’m confused. Are you trying to make a point that there are hot young ladies working on private yachts? Or that women working on commercial ships, such as freighters, are not quite so gifted in the looks department?

Or are you trying to make a workplace complaint that you are so attractive it is impossible for you to do any work and all the guys flock to you to be white knights and do everything for you?

I don’t want scenery in my workplace–they don’t work and cause drama and all the dumbasses are trying to poke it.

There is so much truth in this post.

Don’t get your meat where you get your bread and butter. Old proverb.

I met my husband in the Navy, so don’t listen to me.