Writing my own seatime letter (OF LEGAL ACTUAL SERVICE)

Hello and thank you for reading,

I have an application in with the c.g at the moment where I am trying to add a near coastal endorsement onto my towing license.  I provided 1 sea time letter that I had available (company letterheard and in my legacy file) that showed I had 68-12 hour days which would give me the 102 days of sea service I need to complete this application.  Well upon examination it was noted that on the seaservice letter it did not list the body of water that we were operating in.  So therefore I can not use this letter for my needs.   

My question is I know that I have seen seatime letters that can be filled out.  I am willing to testify that my service was in fact on near coastal waters and maybe even provide documented evidence such as photos tax records and other artifacts of my service.  Can I do this??  The company closed years ago so that is not an option to do.  I also have other sea time that I can not retrieve but can also prove through other channels.  

Thank you for any help

[QUOTE=boattrash9;162598]Hello and thank you for reading,

I have an application in with the c.g at the moment where I am trying to add a near coastal endorsement onto my towing license.  I provided 1 sea time letter that I had available (company letterheard and in my legacy file) that showed I had 68-12 hour days which would give me the 102 days of sea service I need to complete this application.  Well upon examination it was noted that on the seaservice letter it did not list the body of water that we were operating in.  So therefore I can not use this letter for my needs.   

My question is I know that I have seen seatime letters that can be filled out.  I am willing to testify that my service was in fact on near coastal waters and maybe even provide documented evidence such as photos tax records and other artifacts of my service.  Can I do this??  The company closed years ago so that is not an option to do.  I also have other sea time that I can not retrieve but can also prove through other channels.  

Thank you for any help[/QUOTE]

Well you can do anything you want to try and document sea service. The question is will the NMC accept it. I would send in all the documentation you have with a letter explaining the situation and then wait for a determination from them.

[QUOTE=Robert;162604]Well you can do anything you want to try and document sea service. The question is will the NMC accept it. I would send in all the documentation you have with a letter explaining the situation and then wait for a determination from them.[/QUOTE]

That great news Robert. I guess like you say they can simply deny me if they do not accept. The good news is I am simply copying the ORIGINAL letter and including the body of water we were operating in. Thanks for the help buddy.