Worth knocking on doors without BST

Ive been thinking about heading down to look for work without waiting for BST class next month, I live 1000 miles away and moneys tight so ive been going back and forth about spending the money to head down and look for work or just wait till after school next month, I know ECO has an STCW course starting on June 16th so my hope was to get a job offer and slip in there, any advice or places I should go for employment is appreciated, ECO, HGIM and HOS are my first choices but after that i`m willing to take anything to get my foot in the door.

Use the search function. There has been an absolute ridiculous amount of talk on this very subject within the last 9 months. I’m sure you will find what you’re looking for as soon as you start “looking”. This is an extremely helpful forum if used properly. But be aware of asking redundant questions. Your query has been asked over 100 times recently. Take the time and read the threads.

Most all of the results that popped up were several years old, thats why I posted.