Confused,,, again

Allright, a few weeks back I go into ECO. I have a nice visit, no hiring at the moment but was recommended that if I were serious I should get my BST. So I do. Today I walk into Bo-Truc and what words come out of the guys mouth? Ya got SafeGulf??? wtf! should I go Back and get this too?

I have so many of those little plastic cards, I almost need a wheel barrow to carry them all around. Over 75% of them are repetitive, redundant, useless BS, that serve no purpose than to make some one else money. But the oil companies say you got to have them or you can’t play in the playground. Kind of makes you go WTF???

When the heck are the companies going to start training new hires themselves again?!? The downturn should be about over by now.

When people stop walking through the door.

[QUOTE=gcsaylor;85099]Allright, a few weeks back I go into ECO. I have a nice visit, no hiring at the moment but was recommended that if I were serious I should get my BST. So I do. Today I walk into Bo-Truc and what words come out of the guys mouth? Ya got SafeGulf??? wtf! should I go Back and get this too?[/QUOTE]

Just go take some of these quick and fairly cheap classes, such as: Safe Gulf, Rigging, and HUET, You need these things along with your bags packed to be ready to make a “Pierhead Jump” in the oil patch.

Some companies do not want to hire without. What’s the point of first hiring someone who cannot pass the BST, etc. Waste of company time and money.

MSC will hire without any of those classes. I took the BST at MSC. I was in a class of hired MSC workers who were in their second and third try at attempting to pass a basic safety class. I guess that taking and passing the basics goes a long way to show what type of person you really are.