Wicked Tuna

Anyone else watch the latest episode? The one where the boat blew a line in its power steering. Hydraulic oil spilling on deck and what appeared to just run over the side. Don’t these guys have to follow the rules like the rest of us? Don’t they have to report that and at least attempt to make sure the least amount as possible spills? They had a fish on and could care less. I’m just curious if commercial fishing boats are subject to the same as us?

they are, but don’t play by the rules because they’re on TV. I love seeing them using a short cod as a bait…

[QUOTE=z-drive;156065]they are, but don’t play by the rules because they’re on TV. I love seeing them using a short cod as a bait…[/QUOTE]

Or when their not on TV haha.

Yes, but off tv they would make an attempt at hiding such shenanigans.

[QUOTE=z-drive;156081]Yes, but off tv they would make an attempt at hiding such shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. but I can assure everyone that little to no fucks are given in the event of a spill on most any fishing boat!!

indeed, been there, done that. But stuff that you would do on the DL otherwise are blatant on these shows. I’d never show a fisheries officer a short cod on a hook as a bait, or another fisherman myself cutting off someone else’s lobster gear. A normal fisherman like the ones I’ve fished with would say fuck no, don’t show that on TV!

That Dave guy on Tuna.com works for JetBlue. Seen him in Newark before.

haha - I thought the same thing when it was just pouring on the deck, and that at the end the five gallon bucket under the leak was damn near full. I wonder where it went…

I hope they get prosecuted with the film as evidence.

The TV didn’t show them breaking all that oil up with industrial size bottles of Dawn lol