Where to get a USCG License Physical?

Ok, dumb question, but under the new regulations where do you go to get a physical exam for a license renewal that the USCG will accept.

I understand any doctor can give the exam (is this correct?) but they need to have the right equipment (hearing and vision?).

Like I said, dumb question… but, not having been to the doctor in years, I’m not sure where to start looking.

Go to the NMC website and download the medical exam form 719 and take it to your doctor and see if they can do it

The last couple of physicals I have done I’ve gone to my regular doctor for everything but the eyes and had my eye doctor fill out relevant sections. Just made sure to have both set of contact information and signatures etc. the cg has accepted it both times.

I just finished my renewal and went to my family doctor for everything, even my eyes, she simply put down my vision corrected and non-corrected. If you don’t have any health issues you shouldn’t have any problems.

As brjones said, download the physical. Just make sure your doctor can cover all.

Go to the NMC website and download the medical exam form 719 and take it to your doctor and see if they can do it

Thanks! Now I just have to find a “family” doctor :wink:

Goggle it.

Type in your nearest city and the words DOT Physical. Certain places specialize in it. Call and make an appointment for a faster exam, if not you could be in there 2-3 hours.