When do freshman need to report at SUNY Maritime

I am a mom of a HS senior that wants to got to SUNY Maritime or Kings Point next year.We are planning our next summer vacation 2013 and I want to be sure we are back before he would have to report to school.Anyone have any ideas on aproximate dates? I am sure this will be the first of many questions this mom will have as we are new to the Maritme industry as a profession.

If you contacted the schools directly they could probably give you the exact dates.

With respect, there is a certain amount of personal responsibility in this matter that your son must take. Why is it up to you to figure out when he needs to report? Did you fill out his applications for him too? This is why academy grads are hated in the gulf, they always expect somebody else to do something for them and they take zero responsibility for much of anything.

Don’t worry, you should expect this kind of abuse if your son doesn’t do his own research… Let him fly the coup on his own… Unless he doesn’t want to;)

[QUOTE=godspd44;78421]Don’t worry, you should expect this kind of abuse if your son doesn’t do his own research… Let him fly the coup on his own… Unless he doesn’t want to;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If he hasn’t started on the process for KP yet, he may already be too late. I can tell you that at KP, the plebe candidates start indoctrination in early July.

SUNY indoc starts somewhere around August 10th or so. If you call the school or check on the website you can see when it started this year and use that as an approximate date.

[QUOTE=Surfrider;78415]With respect, there is a certain amount of personal responsibility in this matter that your son must take. Why is it up to you to figure out when he needs to report? Did you fill out his applications for him too? This is why academy grads are hated in the gulf, they always expect somebody else to do something for them and they take zero responsibility for much of anything.[/QUOTE]

Hey SR, give the Mom a break. The kid is still between junior & senior year of high school. How independent and focused were you at 16?

Last week.