What's the average day rate in the GOM for an AB?

I’m curious to see if I’m missing anything?

Of all the places I know I would say it is somewhere between $280- $375 a day

Any of the big companies between $310 and $450 a day before the slowdown. $280 is the mom and pop’s pay. Drill ship AB’s $400 to $500+. With the slowdown subtract 5-10% off those day rates. If your thinking about coming down here I would strongly advise against it right now. At least until it picks back up.

No, I was just interested to see what the pay was like. I have a great (sometimes it is) job. The GOM pay is close to what Iam getting on the lakes so I’ll just keep busting ice!

Still I’m curious about “Deep Sea” work or working on an oil rig.

I hear ya! I would take 200 a day to get back on the water

[QUOTE=dncartersweatte1993;158879]Any of the big companies between $310 and $450 a day before the slowdown. $280 is the mom and pop’s pay. Drill ship AB’s $400 to $500+. With the slowdown subtract 5-10% off those day rates. If your thinking about coming down here I would strongly advise against it right now. At least until it picks back up.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that’s why I was trying to give him and estimate of what they are paying now with $48 oil

I have always been told that offshore oil works on Brent price. Brent is trading at $59, still not where we need it to be. It would be nice to at least get to $70 in this quarter. That would ease minds and save a lot of jobs and cuts.